• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Severino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  154
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't realize we've had him since '03. Why hasn't he been used much? Is he really that bad? Or have all our other QB's just been that much better?  ???

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  443

With the score as it was in the forth quarter he should have been in there..and allowed to throw a pass..it is DEAD WRONG to think otherwise

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

not dead wrong--- just a little bit overzealous. He got in. He's been in. He's had good times.

This isn't little league--- not everyone gets to play and by comparison, he's been on the field a lot more than many players have in his same situation.

Bottom line-- he was in there once Gregory got his reps in. I want my second string underclassmen QB to be ready moreso than I need my third string Senior QB to get glory time. And with all due respect--- the amount of time and passing he did in the UCF game should satisfy those dreams.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Well, techniqually Severino did get to play.  He did not get to throw one pass though.  We may as well of had cannon in there taking snaps so we could have an extra blocker.  Severino didn't play.  He just handed off the ball.  Not too exciting.

• Content Count:  253

Handoff duty was kind of lame.  With a lead like we had, it would have been nice to reward him with a few throws for all the work he's put in.  He wouldn't be on the team if he wasn't contributing something.

why-- to run up the score? To possibly make some bad pass that results in UL getting a cheap score?

You don't play to make players happy-- you play to win ball games. At the point when he came in, it was all about burning clock. He did that. ANd he's had a TD pass this season--- something very few former USF QBs can claim over the years.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Any reason that Severino didn't get the mop up duty? I would have liked for the senior to get in. I like Gregory, but it should have been Severino in the 4th quarter. Any thoughts?

Thoughts?  Yeah. He played in the 4th quarter.   

I stand corrected. Was out of town (w/out TV) and noticed he didn't have stats. Still think he should have had the whole 4th quarter.

Interpret: I left early

Ouch. I have never left early, stayed for every second of UCF and Cincy. Had to go out of town for this one, going through Gainesville as I type heading home. Thanks for the attempted call-out though. I stand by the original post. Gregory should not have gotten in the game. With the outcome decided, the 4th quarter should have gone to the senior. Gregory can have it next year.

dont take it personal pal

your are right-the senior should  have received more playing time

mikeg is NEVER critical of coaching staff

Any reason that Severino didn't get the mop up duty? I would have liked for the senior to get in. I like Gregory, but it should have been Severino in the 4th quarter. Any thoughts?

Thoughts?  Yeah. He played in the 4th quarter.   

I stand corrected. Was out of town (w/out TV) and noticed he didn't have stats. Still think he should have had the whole 4th quarter.

Interpret: I left early

Ouch. I have never left early, stayed for every second of UCF and Cincy. Had to go out of town for this one, going through Gainesville as I type heading home. Thanks for the attempted call-out though. I stand by the original post. Gregory should not have gotten in the game. With the outcome decided, the 4th quarter should have gone to the senior. Gregory can have it next year.

dont take it personal pal

your are right-the senior should  have received more playing time

mikeg is NEVER critical of coaching staff

where--- in that entire line of quotes--- do I say a single word?

When was the last time you even went to a USF football game let alone stayed until the end?

Just root for USC and abandon USF. No one needs to hear from your idiotic bag of crap brain anymore

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

why-- to run up the score? To possibly make some bad pass that results in UL getting a cheap score?

You don't play to make players happy-- you play to win ball games. At the point when he came in, it was all about burning clock. He did that. ANd he's had a TD pass this season--- something very few former USF QBs can claim over the years.

I didn't start this thread to get people angry, was traveling, and wanted to see if anyone felt the way I do. Now that I am home, I can elaborate a little.

1. Gregory got work last week. It's not like he hasn't seen the field since the spring game.

2. Gregory will get more chances, Severino likely will never take a snap at QB again (unless something drastic happens).

I realize he got to play against UCF, and I realize that he threw a TD pass. But, with it being senior day, I would have liked to see him get some stats. The famous QB draw would have worked. I agree that winning is the most important thing, but when that is a forgone conclusion, is it so hard to also make a player happy?

I think (since everyone has pointed out that I wasn't there, and therefor not entitled to an opinion), that it was 48-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter. With a 38 point lead and our back-up defense against their back-up QB, I am not worried about one pick-6 costing us the game. Don't act like he could have come in and completely blown it for us and without the Gregory TD, we would have been in trouble.

Again, this is just my opinion. If you think that I am just Mr. Negativity, and have been putting down Leavitt, or anyone else (except for maybe gregory on occasion), please go back and check, that's not me. I wasn't looking for a reason to complain. I just thought the decision was interesting, and wanted to see what others on here thought.

Just as a side note, was Gregory playing with stitches in his face? A week off wouldn't have killed him.

Mike, you mentioned running up the score, but a couple posts back, you mentioned Gregory's TD, which is it if Severino had gotten that one, would it have been running up the score?

*please note that I am not angry or intentionally calling anyone out, just boucing ideas around. From the length of this thread, it appears that there are those that agree, those that disagree, and those who hate the coaches. This is the first critical thing I have ever said about Leavitt, and I am not sure it was his call, he seems to let assistants make those calls.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

season isn't over Jim

WE need Gregory to be ready to go in there at Pitt or th Bowl game--- or next year or next whenever.

Severino--- not so much

yeah- senior night is one thing. But if it was that big a deal, why not dress Amarri just so he can trot onto the field at some more or less unimportant moment?

Gregory works his ass off too all week=--- and when we have a laugher, he is second man to hit that field regardless of some guys last home game. You guys act like Severino is the Rudy of the team-- he's not. He's out there all the time holding on kicks. He's been on the field several times this season. I can think of plenty of players who didn't have that luxury. And throwing for an actual TD against UCF? How can anyone top that?

Gotta agree with Mike G on this one.  Anytime Gregory can get meaningful snaps, you gotta put him in over Severino.  Anthony knows this and thats what makes him a solid QB-3.

Archived