• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Severino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Any reason that Severino didn't get the mop up duty? I would have liked for the senior to get in. I like Gregory, but it should have been Severino in the 4th quarter. Any thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Any reason that Severino didn't get the mop up duty? I would have liked for the senior to get in. I like Gregory, but it should have been Severino in the 4th quarter. Any thoughts?

Thoughts?  Yeah. He played in the 4th quarter. 

I stand corrected. Was out of town (w/out TV) and noticed he didn't have stats. Still think he should have had the whole 4th quarter.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah I was a little disapointed he that he didn't get in till out last drive.

But it's still better than nothing

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

he got in there for as much as he needed to be--- similar to the UCF game.

Gregory got a TD, then Severino went in for the remaining series.

We were subbing in plenty of people the entire second half.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I stand corrected. Was out of town (w/out TV) and noticed he didn't have stats. Still think he should have had the whole 4th quarter.

Interpret: I left early

Interpret: I left early

Ouch. I have never left early, stayed for every second of UCF and Cincy. Had to go out of town for this one, going through Gainesville as I type heading home. Thanks for the attempted call-out though. I stand by the original post. Gregory should not have gotten in the game. With the outcome decided, the 4th quarter should have gone to the senior. Gregory can have it next year.

look dude-- you weren't at the game and you are criticsing the staff over things you didn't even see

Gregory came in during the 3rd quarter. Once he got his reps in and scored a TD--- severino came in. Big deal. He got in plenty of action vs UCF. let it go-- you are DEAD WRONG

I don't know about dead wrong... sure, he was mistaken that Severino was in the game because Severino handed off three times.

However, I agree with the sentiment that there wasn't a "need" to put in Gregory over Severino in the 3rd quarter.  Why not just go from Grothe to Severino as a thank you for the hard work??

Just an opinion... on senior night, why not give the backup senior QB as many reps as possible and let the backup junior QB stay on the bench??

season isn't over Jim

WE need Gregory to be ready to go in there at Pitt or th Bowl game--- or next year or next whenever.

Severino--- not so much

yeah- senior night is one thing. But if it was that big a deal, why not dress Amarri just so he can trot onto the field at some more or less unimportant moment?

Gregory works his ass off too all week=--- and when we have a laugher, he is second man to hit that field regardless of some guys last home game. You guys act like Severino is the Rudy of the team-- he's not. He's out there all the time holding on kicks. He's been on the field several times this season. I can think of plenty of players who didn't have that luxury. And throwing for an actual TD against UCF? How can anyone top that?

Archived