• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Needed 39,000 but did much better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

there are a few factors that makes our crowd seem smaller than it really is.....one is the fact that at any given point during the game...the deck by the Bucs ship is FILLED with people.  another reason, all of the skyboxes that RayJay has.  I know luxury boxes are at every stadium but how many colleges have as many as RayJay?  you take 50% of the people out of those boxes and put them in seats you would see a much bigger crowd.  for instance, the seats between the 30yard lines on the louisville sideline looked very empty last night.  i know those tickets are bought and im sure they are used but those people just hang out in club level the whole time.

get in the SEATS!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

there are a few factors that makes our crowd seem smaller than it really is.....one is the fact that at any given point during the game...the deck by the Bucs ship is FILLED with people.  another reason, all of the skyboxes that RayJay has.  I know luxury boxes are at every stadium but how many colleges have as many as RayJay?  you take 50% of the people out of those boxes and put them in seats you would see a much bigger crowd.  for instance, the seats between the 30yard lines on the louisville sideline looked very empty last night.  i know those tickets are bought and im sure they are used but those people just hang out in club level the whole time.

get in the SEATS!!

Great points .... There are usually a ton of people in the Club area and, to be honest, as long as they're counted in the attendance it doesn't bother me a bit. As far as the suites go, it it just me but was it not that long ago that there were only ahdnful being used?? It looks like at least 2/3 of the ones on the East side were in use last night .... Of course, there were some red in a couple but not many. That's awesome that the wine and cheese crowd is jumping on the bandwagon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,589
  • Days Won:  29

2007 Season Avg = 53,170

2006 Season Avg = 30,222

Increase of 22,948  :o

Incredible !

And an increase of 14,305 from 2005(only 5 games)

• Content Count:  12,293

2007 Season Avg = 53,170

2006 Season Avg = 30,222

Increase of 22,948  :o

Incredible !

And an increase of 14,305 from 2005(only 5 games)

lets hope that carries over to next year. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Amazing.

I think we will be over 25k in season ticket sales next year.

Would love to see that number increase by another 2-3k each year until we are at capacity for every game. I think another huge jump could come next year, but sustaining that and increasing even by a little would be huge.

• Content Count:  98

I don't mind so much that people left...Was pretty full until the end of 3 and the 1st half lasted over 2 hours so it was already after 11 by 3rd q ending so I can understand some of the families and others leaving. I stayed until end, but it was after midnight when I left the stadium. If I had a young child or such and lived in Tampa I might have left earlier as well.

• Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Just my two cents, but IT WAS THE LAST HOME GAME OF THE YEAR.  I'm not complaining about anyone leaving early.

For me it's a long, long time before kickoff for the next home game!

Also, we got to see some pretty good back-up players that will be challenging for positions.

See you at Beef's next week and whatever bowl game we're in.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  10,219

when we have 60K ave and 30k season tix...then we can negotiate a fair rent (ala pitt/steelers) or go for the OCS.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

...Doesn't look very good to TV (and Bowl reps) when the seats are 3/4 empty at start of 4th quarter.

I think they've been around long enough to realize that splitting after 11:00 when it's a blowout is pretty much expected.

I was surprised at the volume of L'ville fans who scrammed. Also, I don't believe their contingent was a large as it has been in years past. 

bowl reps care about people buying the seats. they couldnt care less if you left as long as they sell the most tickets they can.

• Content Count:  108

I'm assuming the announced attendance is tix sold because the crowd looked more like 45-48K.  And the UCF game looked like 55-60.

25000 season tix is reasonable.  We don't have as glamorous a conference home schedule (Syracuse, UConn, Pitt, Rutgers) but one of the non-conference opponents is Kansas.  Wouldn't it be sweet to knock them off?

Archived