• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

wow..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

So I should be just fine with going from 3 Big East victories to not being able to beat Cleveland State, Buffalo, or Rhode Island? No way!

Your complaining about a team that was built by another coach. Last year we lost to Buthune Cookman, TAMU-Corpus Christi, Missouri St., and Richmond before we won those three Big East games you keep talking about. These losses are a direct reflection of how bad a coach RMC was. Heath right now is taking a sling shot to a gunfight and it is not his fault at all.

We didn't play Bethune-Cookman last year and TAMU-CC and Missouri State both went to post season tourneys last year. Richmond is the only game you can really throw out there as a bad loss ....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

KG wont mount to a hill of beans if he cant shoot free throws.

Rezz is a basketball expert. He knew that Coach Mac was the next Roy Williams.

thanks for the compliment but it doesnt take much of an expert to know that the 42% Kentrell is shooting this year from the FT line....or the 55% he shot last year is not going to win you very many games.  specially when he goes to the line 7 or 8 times each game.  and i bet we start seeing him on the line close to 10-12 times.  he has got to fix that problem or he wont be much of a player at the next level.

FT shooting doesn't directly translate to success at the next level.  There are some poor FT shooters that have excelled, and some great FT shooters that have not.

If he grabs 15 boards a game, he'll have a spot even if he hits 25% ft's.  They just won't give him the ball offensively. 

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i didnt say he wouldnt have a spot but he will be a limited role player.  if he gets that part of his game under control he could be a major factor

• Content Count:  1,013

I hate to get down on the new coach already but would McCollum have lost to Cleveland State, Buffalo, and be on the verge of losing to Rhode Island?

Yes, Heath is playing with the ****** recruits that are left over from the CoachMac era. Give him some time to bring in his boys. This team will be better than it has ever been.

these "****** recruits" are our players.  I'm know you frustrated with the losses, but these kids are doing the best they can. Show them a little respect.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I guess no one told Colby that it would be a long MBB season when he got on the bandwagon.

These losses are a direct reflection of how bad a coach RMC was. Heath right now is taking a sling shot to a gunfight and it is not his fault at all.

Mac beat Buffalo with 7 players including a walk-on point guard and Melvin Richardson at center. The team Stan has on the floor includes the most talent we've ever had here, including the nation's leading returning rebounder and the returning BE assist leader. Continuing to degradate the talent left by Mac just shows blind ignorance. It looks like it's going to take some time for the team to gel under Heath's system so people need to just chill out...

yea the team that USF has right now is the best team we have had in 4  years...probably since the Swift and Leather days. 

thats what makes this so frustrating.  these guys are better players then the guys on the teams we are losing to.

i hope we get it turned around...soon

yea the team that USF has right now is the best team we have had in 4  years...probably since the Swift and Leather days. 

thats what makes this so frustrating.  these guys are better players then the guys on the teams we are losing to.

i hope we get it turned around...soon

Also, what kind of gets lost, is that 4 of our top minutes guys have not even played a full year at USF yet. KG and Verdejo had some playing time at other schools but I don't think it was that significant ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Rhode Island is a good team, they are 2-0.....

We still have to suffer with the ***** that CRM brought us, I think even with the little talent we have we will improve this season as the players learn the system. If we lose to FAU I will worry a little.

*****? Really? *****? You are talking about USF students here. They haven't done anything wrong execpt lose some games. Show a little more appreciation for what these guys are trying to do. They still represent our school, my school, and they still are doing their damndest to make something out of nothing. These guys do have a little talent, a hell of lot more talent than you or I do. So back off with the agressive comments. Complain all you like, I don't give a rats ass, but gives these guys some respect. They are not just basketball players, they are students and human beings. Go Bulls, win or lose.

guys....its not the players.  they can play.  its just an adjustment process and hopefully heath's system works.

but Kentrell, Dominque, Chris, etc...these guys have talent.

Heath came into this program a helluva lot better then what RMC had to come in to.  Greenburg left it a mess and unfortuntely for RMC, injuries, non qualifiers, he was never able to get it rolling.

Archived