• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Collegiate Licensing Company Names Top Selling Universities

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

those  3 games we lost cost alot of money

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

UCF got their new logo and stuff so of course people were buying alot of there gear......but i actually thought we would be lower than that......I would like to see where we ranked in the present time.....

• Content Count:  9

the clc does not represent all schools...schools such as West Virginia and USC are not part of the consortium and market independently...fyi

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,596
  • Days Won:  29

BULL Nation will continue to grow.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Also I may be wrong but I think people are thinking of this the wrong way. Royalties should be a result of manufacturers and orders made by retailers, not based on individual sales within retail. This seems to be more representative of where USF ranked as far as royalties when initial orders would have gone out to retail stores (what they normally buy to carry at the beginning of the season). This being a ranking based on royalties, not actual sales, combined with the dates leads me to believe this is not at all reflective of where gross sales of USF products would rank over the course of the season.

I'd expect USF to see a big jump NEXT year in it's royalties sales and to rank a lot higher (lower number) as a residual from this season's performance and exposure.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I thought 64th was pretty good, considering our youth as a university and football program.  I would have guessed we were lower. 

I too would figure we'll show a jump next quarter.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

For a relevant benchmark....please note date of reporting period.  It is the last report before the one I published above.

The Collegiate Licensing Company Names Top Selling Universities

ATLANTA, Ga., (August 15, 2007) - The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) is pleased to announce its top-selling institutions and manufacturers for the fourth quarter of the 2006-2007 fiscal year. These rankings represent royalties reported July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2007 on all collegiate merchandise sold.

Notes of interest:

* This marks the second consecutive year the University of Texas at Austin has ranked No. 1 in CLC’s fiscal year-end rankings. Last year, UT broke the collegiate licensing record for most royalties earned in a single year.

* The University of Florida was the biggest mover amongst top-10 institutions. The University gained three positions and finished the year at No. 3.

* Other institutions making significant gains from last year in the top-75 rankings include Texas Christian University (+12), Georgetown University (+8), Boston College (+7), Oregon State University (+6), University of Nevada (+6), Boise State University (+5), University of Louisville (+5), Clemson University (+4), University of Nebraska (+4), Washington State University (+4), and Marquette University (+3)

* Nike USA Inc. has occupied the top spot amongst collegiate apparel licensees since 1999.

* EA Sports has maintained its No.1 status in non-apparel products since Q3 of 2003.

* Top local licensee J&W Interest, a State College (Pa.) based collegiate apparel and non-apparel manufacturers, produces officially licensed product for Penn State University.

Top-75 Universities

(1.) The University of Texas at Austin (2.) University of Notre Dame (3.) The University of Florida (4.) The University of Michigan (5.) University of Georgia (6.) University of North Carolina (7.) The University of Alabama (8.) University of Oklahoma (9.) University of Tennessee at Knoxville (10.) The Pennsylvania State University (11.) Louisiana State University (12.) Florida State University (13.) Auburn University (14.) University of Nebraska (15.) University of Wisconsin (16.) University of Kentucky (17.) University of Illinois (18.) University of Arkansas Fayetteville (19.) University of Miami (20.) Clemson University (21.) University of South Carolina (22.) University of Kansas (23.) Duke University (24.) Oklahoma State University (25.) University of Minnesota (26.) The University of Arizona (27.) University of Louisville (28.) University of Maryland (29.) Texas Tech University (30.) Purdue University (31.) The University of Virginia (32.) Kansas State University (33.) Syracuse University (34.) Washington State University (35.) University of Missouri (36.) University of Washington (37.) Georgia Institute of Technology (38.) Oregon State University (39.) University of Mississippi (40.) Stanford University (41.) University of Pittsburgh (42.) University of Connecticut (43.) University of Colorado (44.) Boise State University (45.) University of Cincinnati (46.) Georgetown University (47.) The University of Montana (48.) University of Utah (49.) Boston College (50.) Brigham Young University (51.) Marshall University (52.) Colorado State University (53.) U.S. Military Academy (54.) United States Air Force Academy (55.) University of New Mexico (56.) Gonzaga University (57.) Fresno State University (58.) Texas Christian University (59.) Northwestern University (60.) Villanova University (61.) East Carolina University (62.) University of Memphis (63.) University of South Florida (64.) The University of Wyoming (65.) Baylor University (66.) Marquette University (67.) University of Central Florida (68.) University of Texas El Paso (69.) University of Nevada (70.) University of Houston (71.) Southern Illinois University (72.) Texas State University - San Marcos (73.) Tulane University (74.) University of Delaware (75.) Temple University

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

I would expect to see a big jump next time this is reported and for next year. I know Bealls has had a hard time keeping USF gear in stock (prior to the fall from #2) and other anecdodall reports  indicating USF gear in new retail outlets and displayed prominently in other stores. 

The preordering for next year will also be much greater from long time retail supporters and new retail supporters (Publix, 7-11, and other non-traditional USF retailers).

A friend has always wanted a USF gnome that was available in the decor of the former Big 3 (now Big 4 retail wise) but I suspect that themed items of this sort will become widely available (see thread about USF sign).

After all the years of limited merchandise it appears the flood is about to hit!!!

Go Bulls!!

Archived