• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Greggregory.com

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

I'd give Gregory much more of a chance than most have here. Just because you go out and get a big-name OC doesn't necessarily mean success is going to resonate on the field. Look at Jimbo Fisher at FSU, for example. Sure, FSU just played a great game against BC, but their offense has been horrible all year long. Teams (and fans) have to give new coaches some time to build themselves (as a staff) and the team into a cohesive unit. Furthermore, it takes an offense longer to build than it does for a defense.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

I'd give Gregory much more of a chance than most have here. Just because you go out and get a big-name OC doesn't necessarily mean success is going to resonate on the field. Look at Jimbo Fisher at FSU, for example. Sure, FSU just played a great game against BC, but their offense has been horrible all year long. Teams (and fans) have to give new coaches some time to build themselves (as a staff) and the team into a cohesive unit. Furthermore, it takes an offense longer to build than it does for a defense.

FSU has NOTHING at the QB position.

We're taking one of the best QB's in the country and wasting his efforts right now.

• Content Count:  1,370

We're taking one of the best QB's in the country and wasting his efforts right now.

Funny, that same defense wasn't used for Rod Smith...since we had NOTHING at QB two of the three years he was OC.

FSU has the same major problem we have on offense...a mediocre offensive line and inconsistent QB/WR/RBs.

• Content Count:  1,457

Rod smith was actually recruited while he was still an employee.  Our OC was fired and then someone's trash was our treasure?

Get used to being average.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You people are nuts. If it isn't the refs it's the OC. Gregory did nothing wrong in that game and had we won you probably would have been calling him a genius.

NO OC can be at fault for the play of our players Saturday. 8 TOs, several dropped balls, misreads on the option. The offense looked like crap.

Yes Rothe was too much of our offense but without using him like that the final wouldn't have been close.

As for some saying LSU used a blocking back. LSU runs a spread like us a lot. They line up in the I in short yardage. Grothe is a shotgun spread QB. Why take away the strong points of his game?

• Content Count:  4,738

the team has 8 turnovers and we still have a chance to win...

i guess it was the OC's fault... ::)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Funny, that same defense wasn't used for Rod Smith...since we had NOTHING at QB two of the three years he was OC.

FSU has the same major problem we have on offense...a mediocre offensive line and inconsistent QB/WR/RBs.

You're right......the handful of guys on this board that didn't think Pat Julmiste was the worst QB in the history of football probably didn't take that into account when grading Rod Smith.

But for those of us who aren't legally blind, we could see what Smith had to work with @ the QB position.

I wasn't a big Rod Smith fan, but I can honestly say I wasn't impressed with Leavitt's decision to hire our next OC "in-house."

Greg Gregory is Rod Smith without an imagination.

• Content Count:  2,052

The one thing everyone is forgetting. The OC and HIS staff are the coaches, who if I AM CORRECT, COACH SO THOSE INTERCEPTIONS AND FUMBLES AND DROPPED PASSES DO NOT HAPPEN. It is the coaches who need to correct this. Players can do so much. Coaching needs an adjustment. Not only in the plays, but on the practice field as well.    Reaper

• Content Count:  3,403

I'm not going to waste my time reading this thread (and I usually do before posting).  I just want to state that this is the stupidest idea I've heard.  The guy admitted to a bad call.  Why?  Because it didn't work.  Get over it.  We're scoring a lot more points per game than we did the last several years.  The problem hasn't been play calling except no screens and slants in the 2nd half of the Rutgers game and that one bad call.  It happens.

Archived