• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Greggregory.com

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Most of us agree that it's both playcalling and exeution (though my estimate would be about 65% playcalling, 35% execution).

A BIG part of that poor execution seems to be on the O-line.

But even if execution were stellar, what would it matter?  Opposing defenses scout us and realize they can get a copy of Greg Gregory's playbook at any major bookstore....

0764539361.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

** Disclaimer: Not saying Gregory himself is a "dummy" -- just saying this is the playbook he uses **

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Compare this season's offensive numbers to last year's and get back to me.

• Content Count:  1,812

He needs to stop calling this same play; I heard him call it yesterday.

Drop back throw to the receiver you are looking at and have the ball picked off. This has been very successful this year and yesterday was a direct result of 14 point swing. A TD pick for 6 by Cincy and than the same play in the end zone taking 7 away form USF. Anyone blaming the OC did not look at the numbers and the TO's in the red zone.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

He needs to stop calling this same play; I heard him call it yesterday.

Drop back throw to the receiver you are looking at and have the ball picked off. This has been very successful this year and yesterday was a direct result of 14 point swing. A TD pick for 6 by Cincy and than the same play in the end zone taking 7 away form USF. Anyone blaming the OC did not look at the numbers and the TO's in the red zone.

Just want to make three points here...

1. He (GG) has been bad all year

2. Courtney Denson was out of position on two of the picks and Hester was man-raped on a third. The fourth was on Grothe, but if we could run, the linebackers couldn't drop back like that.

3. Would you want a player (say Grothe) to come out and say..."well, I was kind of afraid to throw the ball because our defense was playing so well, I didn't want to mess it up for them"? Because that was what Gregory's excuse was for the vanilla offense we have ran for the first 6-7 games. Amazingly, if you don't try to actually have an offense in close games like AU, WVU, FAU, it is hard to turn it on when you are down. Not that I had a lot of respect, but when I heard that quote during the FAU game, I lost every ounce of respect I had for the guy.

For the record, I want a QB that says "the game is on the line? give me the ******* ball and lets go put this thing away". I think we have that QB, but no one can do it every week.

Bonus fourth point here...

4. Whoever wants to look at the stats and say we are better this year than last year, did you think we would be worse with a QB that isn't a freshman, two new solid RBs, and more experience at WR? We are better because our players are better, not because the OC is better. At this point, flip a coin. Gregory=Smith.

Well please tell me how the fumbles in the red zone are the coaches fault also. The ints are the QB he looked the ball right into the guys hands and then it got returned 79 yards for a TD. 27 first downs and 481 yards how in the heck is that bad play calling? Please list the teams that rolled up 481 yards yesterday and lost? Kansas had a little more than that and scored 76 points because they did not turn the ball over. I have never in my football playing life heard of TO's that can be blamed on play calling. If the receiver did not run the right route it is on the reciever not the play calling. If the QB throws the ball to the wrong spot it is on him regardless of what the LB's do. The QB has to adjust and throw the ball elsewhewre or away not to the guys so he can take it to the house.

• Content Count:  400

maybe we can hire an OC from the non-BCS ranks.. someone from Tulsa:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org

or is money is really a concern with the program, get someone from 1AA, maybe someone from Cal Poly:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=5&rpt=IAA_teamtotoff&site=org

• Content Count:  10,219

gregory is growing with this team...and will be fine.

he will put his stamp on the offense in the offense and we will be more consistant

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Well please tell me how the fumbles in the red zone are the coaches fault also. The ints are the QB he looked the ball right into the guys hands and then it got returned 79 yards for a TD. 27 first downs and 481 yards how in the heck is that bad play calling? Please list the teams that rolled up 481 yards yesterday and lost? Kansas had a little more than that and scored 76 points because they did not turn the ball over. I have never in my football playing life heard of TO's that can be blamed on play calling. If the receiver did not run the right route it is on the reciever not the play calling. If the QB throws the ball to the wrong spot it is on him regardless of what the LB's do. The QB has to adjust and throw the ball elsewhewre or away not to the guys so he can take it to the house.

You are correct, sorry, I meant to actually say that other than not getting Grothe the play earlier in our last couple of drives, and the low percentage pass play he called on 3rd and two before our last punt, I really didn't have any issues with GG yesterday. Didn't like Grothe running so much with time ticking away on the last TD drive, but it worked. My major beef is that he hasn't been very good all year. Hopefully GG will get better (I do think he is improving a little).

Timing routes can make a QB look horrible if the receiver doesn't get there. Also, in talking to my dad, sounds like Denson was held up a bit on the pick in the end zone. Ball was a couple of steps too long, my dad said he would have gotten there if he wasn't held (havent re-watched it for myself though).

• Content Count:  1,370

Whoever is calling for Gregory's head, you're just wasting your time. Find something else to *****/complain/vent about. Leavitt has never fired a coach and won't fire Gregory. He and Renato Diaz didn't get along...AT ALL. But even so, CJL never fired him. Did he fire Rod Smith after almost every fan was calling for him to be fired? No. It's just not going to happen.

maybe we can hire an OC from the non-BCS ranks.. someone from Tulsa:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org

or is money is really a concern with the program, get someone from 1AA, maybe someone from Cal Poly:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=5&rpt=IAA_teamtotoff&site=org

Gee and maybe we could also play their schedules and roll up big yards and points against CDOA teams every week or play the 1AA teams and really roll up yards. wow cool.

But Tulsa only scored 23 in a losing effort against UCif how many did we get?

Archived