• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What about I-formation?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

I know we run a spread option and all, but so does Urban Meyer and he even had to conform his game last year to an I-formation on their way to a title...

lining up I-form wouldnt take away from grothe's mobility either.. he can still scramble if the coverage breaks down.  I do think I-form on the goal line vs. that weird wishbone crap we do would work much better.  I think if we lined up I-formation when we were on UConn's 1 yrd line with a full set of downs, the whole bootleg thing wouldnt even happen.  i think our running backs would be more effective with a lead blocker as well.  we could make richard kelly the FB.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Pipe Dream

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

What do we have to lose?  Maybe a gamble like this might result in a loss.  Can't risk that, can we?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

~Benjamin Franklin

• Content Count:  743

what about it? useless. we just need to run our spread offense better.

• Content Count:  400

What do we have to lose?  Maybe a gamble like this might result in a loss.  Can't risk that, can we?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

~Benjamin Franklin

i'm sorry, but there's nothing risky about lining up, I-formation, and smashing a defense up the middle.. it's not something new or innovative.  in fact, it's probably the oldest play in the history of the sport.  it's getting down and dirty and getting results.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What do we have to lose?  Maybe a gamble like this might result in a loss.  Can't risk that, can we?

~Benjamin Franklin

i'm sorry, but there's nothing risky about lining up, I-formation, and smashing a defense up the middle.. it's not something new or innovative.  in fact, it's probably the oldest play in the history of the sport.  it's getting down and dirty and getting results.

Yeah, UCONN and RU sure looked good doing that to us :(

• Content Count:  1,370

~Benjamin Franklin

Oldest play was running straight at the defense in a formation known as the single wing (which was the first formation). Perhaps we could start running out of the single wing, with two tight-ends and four running backs.  ;)

• Content Count:  21,010
  • Days Won:  38

I LOVE the I formation but I have been saying that since the WVU game and nothing so whatever.  Lets just screw around and lose the rest of our games right?

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

whats an I formation??-Greg Gregory

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

~Benjamin Franklin

I may have strayed a little too far into sarcasm land for ya. ;)  I was agreeing with what you said.  That would be the only way the Franklin quote would have made sense.  We already have the losses, so no real risk there.  And we keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

That being said, I love the team.  Bowl or no bowl, we have one home game left and I will lose my voice at it, too.  I fully expect a big change next season.

Archived