• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So statistically these are their best guys...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

He won't run strong up the middle because of Moffitt. And Selvie is thirsty for more sacks and TFL.

• Content Count:  695

UConn has had a nice season so far, but they haven't played anybody yet unless you want to count Louisville and they needed a controvercial non-fair catch call to win that game. I do see them as a threat because of the upset they pulled in 2005, but that game was in late November in the snow. I don't think it will be nearly as cold this time, so therefore I think the Bulls can win without much trouble as long as they aren't looking ahead to Cincinnati and Louisville which I strongly doubt after last week's loss.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We blew em out last year, and should do the same this year.  No prisoners.

• Content Count:  12,293

Uconn is a good team.  should be close

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

UConn has had a nice season so far, but they haven't played anybody yet unless you want to count Louisville and they needed a controvercial non-fair catch call to win that game. I do see them as a threat because of the upset they pulled in 2005, but that game was in late November in the snow. I don't think it will be nearly as cold this time, so therefore I think the Bulls can win without much trouble as long as they aren't looking ahead to Cincinnati and Louisville which I strongly doubt after last week's loss.

UCONN is in first place in the conference.  I guarantee we won't be looking ahead.

This game will be about 55 degrees warmer than last time.  That will be quite welcome for those of us that endured the last game in 15 degree weather.  It was not snowing though.  Just very cold.  There is no comparison to how we went into that game.  It's been brought up before, but we were not as deep then as we are now and we went into that game with 8 out of the 11 guys on the kickoff team out injured.  That ended up being significant because they ran a KO back for a TD.  We were down to using our 3rd string center (Capogna) as our 4th string TE.  We had almost every offensive lineman playing in different positions because we were so banged up.  Even our biggest offensive threat (Andre Hall) wasn't even supposed to play that game, but he did. 

Even with all that, we basically shut them down completely on offense after the third play of the game.  Everyone blames the voodoo 5 play, but I always say that coaching decisions blew that game.  All we needed to do was kick a FG instead of the Denson play.  Let our defense stop them, and them (which they did) and then drive in FG position to win.  Still, we got the ball back with plenty of time on their side of the field to get a score and then we try to win the game on the first play from scrimmage.  Everything about that freaking game sucked.  The weather, the frustration, the playcalling.  Everything.

One thing I will never, ever forget was sticking around for 20 minutes after the game and watching the coaches have to literally drag Terence Royal into the locker room.  2 minutes later he comes back out sits on the bench with his face in his hands and sits there for another 10 minutes.  They should let Terence read the lineups for the broadcast.  More than any game, I hope we kick their ass on their field this week.

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Hope they bring their rain gear.  Supposed to be 70% chance of rain Saturday.  If that's the case I bet we see more of a running game than passing.  They will be playing slip and slide!!!  Hopefully slippling and sliding on UCONN's part.  ;D

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We definitely need to establish a running game of Saturday.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm less concerned about the rain and more concerend with the wind.  I just saw on one of the local weather reports here in CT they are expecting High Wind Warnings with gusts up to about 25 or so.  Wind was a factor at FAU and could be on Saturday as well.

Archived