• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So statistically these are their best guys...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

DEFENSIVE LEADERS  GP Solo  Ast Total  TFL/Yds  No-Yds  Int-Yds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8  WILSON, L.            7  34  39    73      6.0-13      .              1-51   

48 LANSANAH, Danny  7  22  44    66        9.0-35  2.0-14        2-26   

32 LUTRUS, Scott        7  30  25    55        5.5-17  1.0-5          3-32   

36 DELESTON, Dahna  7  19  26    45        1.0-4    0.5-4          1-20   

29 BRANCH, Tyvon      7  22  15    37        1.0-3     

I figure they'll take a page out of Schiano's book and blitz like hell....if they do it effectively by the time Grothe starts to move upfield their quick linebackers can bring him down key word being IF...does anyone else think they can with this group?     

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UConn can win.  However, for them to win it will have to be a low scoring game.  Who knows which version of our offense will show up, the one that played against UNC and UCF or the one from the rest of the season?  I do not see our defense allowing more than 17-20 points tops.  Best thing would be, as in all our games, for the offense to get a couple scores quickly and force UConn out of being a run-oriented offense.

• Content Count:  3,103

as long as we score first, we should be fine.  in every win this season, we have scored first, in our only loss of the season, rutgers scored first.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

With our defense, getting up 14 points is essential.  That takes the opponents running game out of the equation.

I haven't heard too much about their runinng game.  I know dixon averages 5.8 and 5.2 against Louisville. Lorenzen seems efficient at 60.8% completions but they havent played a defense like ours yet.  I think we can win even in a low scoring affair. I don't know why but I actually get the feeling that this will be a blow out if we can avoid sacks.  We moved the ball really well in the first half of the Rutgers game.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They have a very giood running game.  brown was a freshman All American and finished only behind White, Rice and Slaton in the BE rushing last year as a Freshman.  He has been a bit banged up.  Dixon is faster.  He has been named the starter this week.  I think we match up a bit better with him than Brown

They have a very giood running game.  brown was a freshman All American and finished only behind White, Rice and Slaton in the BE rushing last year as a Freshman.  He has been a bit banged up.  Dixon is faster.  He has been named the starter this week.  I think we match up a bit better with him than Brown

Do you know if they like to run up the middle or do they like the outside...haven't watched any of their games this year.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Dixon is more of an outside runner.  he's fast, but he only weighs about 185.  I like our matchup with him.  We can match his speed.

Brown will go inside and outside.  Stronger, bigger. Almost as fast.  He's a good back.  I don't think he is 100% though.

Their running game is a concern, but not anywhere near as good as Auburn's, WVU or Rice.  Keep in mid, with Rutgers, you were facing a huge offensive line that had, I believe 2 or 3 all americans.  In addition, you have to understand that not only is Rice a great back.  He gave an individual personal performance.  He ran the ball almost 40 times.  That was after he ran 38 times just 5 days earlier.  Like so many other things in that game.  if he doesn't give that kind of personal effort.  Even on one or two plays and we win.

I am more concerned on moving the ball on offense.  I really feel we will.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

bottom line, Rice needed to run 39-40 times to get 180 yards.  we shut him down with several losses in the redzone, and NO TOUCHDOWNS. he ended up with 4.6 ypc, which is good, but not spectacular.  of those 40 runs, i don't even think 10 of them were 10 yards or more. we did a good job on Rice.  yes he racked up yardage, but he was practically their entire offense.  Teel was throwing something like a 35% completion rate.

Rice is a special player.  i have no doubt Dixon and Brown are quality players, but i don't see them racking up 180 yards combined, nevermind alone.

if Grothe can avoid sacks and throw the ball away while also avoiding interceptions, we should be ok.  i have complete confidence in our defense.

• Content Count:  291

They have solid stats b/c they played bad teams. Temple, Duke, Akron, Maine are no Auburn UNC or even UCF for the matter.

Archived