• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn's Punt Returner - Let's set the tone right off by dropping a late hit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

on his ass... This will accomplish two things... He'll definitely wave his hand in a very noticeable manner on all of his fair catches... and the 'Ville will feel vindicated when he place a clean uncontested shot on his ass.

Either way... we need an instant wake up call. I never liked UConn anyways when I lived up there. Go Bulls! Go Rockies!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Should we first clear the late hit with the official?  And then commit it on 5 angles of film so there is no question we want the **** penalty?  :)

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

yeah, but if we did that then we look like "thugs" and get blasted by the media.

damned if u do, damned if u dont.

i felt that way during the L'Ville game too...  if they had hit him, it would have been a penalty.  if they dont, he runs back for a TD.  it's a no win situation.

i actually like the idea, personally.  i think it's fair to send a message that we're gonna play until the guy is on the ground...  but pragmatically, we don't need more penalties and they don't need 15 yards of free field position.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Lets set the tone BY NOT PUNTING!

• Content Count:  4,738

I'll settle for one punt and a blasting of the returner after the fair catch is called ;D.

• Content Count:  76

Light him up just do it legally we don't need anymore references to Miami

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Intentional late hit yeah thats a great idea!  Lets give Uconn 15 free yards in a game that should be close and that penalty could make all the difference!  Heck it will also work to get them fired up, they may even return the favor by hitting Grothe late!  I love this idea we so have to do it! 

::)

• Content Count:  349

Just put Gilliam back on special teams for this game... ;)

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

yeah, but if we did that then we look like "thugs" and get blasted by the media.

damned if u do, damned if u dont.

i felt that way during the L'Ville game too...  if they had hit him, it would have been a penalty.  if they dont, he runs back for a TD.  it's a no win situation.

i actually like the idea, personally.  i think it's fair to send a message that we're gonna play until the guy is on the ground...  but pragmatically, we don't need more penalties and they don't need 15 yards of free field position.

We would definitely get 15, but how could the media blast us?  Everyone knows what happened last week.  We'd probably get this from the commentators: "considering what happened last week, that guy used good judgement by knocking him on his ass and taking a 15 yarder instead giving up a TD"

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

on his ass... This will accomplish two things... He'll definitely wave his hand in a very noticeable manner on all of his fair catches... and the 'Ville will feel vindicated when he place a clean uncontested shot on his ass.

Either way... we need an instant wake up call. I never liked UConn anyways when I lived up there. Go Bulls! Go Rockies!

i say this is a great idea....if UConn coach Randy Edsall says anything, we can just say "We weren't sure if the fair catch signal was legal."

Also, as much as I don't like Louisville, I wouldn't mind seeing them smile as we are doing it.  They are having a tough year, so at least we could give them something to be happy about.

Archived