• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN - hardest game this season.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

this game isn't "harder" than the Rutgers game. we'll probably lose though

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Hi, Uconn fan here. I've been rooting for your team all year. You guys have some stellar players on D, and your QB is as talented as any in college ball.

Don't expect UConn fans to agree with you guys though that 2 of our wins came through referee involvement.

The refs took 10 points away from us in the Louisville game which made the bad call on the punt return a complete wash.

The Temple WR did get his foot in, but he didn't have possession of the ball when he got his foot in. Rece Davis on ESPN college football showed footage from the sideline (this was unavailable to the refs, they only had one angle). It showed an incomplete catch and the ESPN talking heads all agreed. Everyone on the UConn board thought Temple got jobbed until we saw that replay. It was a good call. And the guy that made it was from the MAC ref crew.

The NCAA/ BE (one of them) came out with an admission of the blown call  in the Temple game by both the on the field and the booth official.  They handed UCONN the game and then admitted it the week after.

UCONN has some decent players.  A couple of decent RBs.  A great return guy, A fantastic freshman LB that has a nose for the ball (3 or 4 INTs already).

I believe Lorenzen will be extra motivated in this game.  He oriiginally went to Iowa State.  He wanted to play QB.  They wanted to make him a safety so he went to JUCO.  The head coach of ISU that wanted to make him a safety, Dan, McCarney, is our DL Coach.  

Our offense will need to make a statement in this game.

• Content Count:  1,291

UCONN = VU (lost by 1 pt) = MD (by 1 pt) > Rutgers > USF ??  we suck at road  so it wont be easy game

• Content Count:  937

UCONN is 22 in the BCS... this team isnt bad.. I remember last time we played at UCONN and it wasnt good... Both teams are better this time.

• Content Count:  155

uconn is a trap game...

how can it be a "trap" game when we just lost last week? 

i hate the term "trap" game even when its used correctly, but come on, this IS NOT A TRAP GAME!

trap game is a media invention

what is your definition of a trap game?

• Content Count:  282

I have not seen anyone mention that we were a winning team last year, went to UCONN in a game that we did not take seriously and they were quite happy to hand us a loss. 

I was watching their win over the 'Ville:  forget about the crappy B E officiating, that is a fine football team with people who can make plays.  Lorezen is a horse and their defense is FOR REAL!  If we do not take them seriously (and I cannot imagine us NOT taking a 6-1 team who leads our conference seriously) then we can and will be defeated.

This game does make me nervous but I believe that CJL is the man, he is using these 9 days to prepare the boys and we will succeed.  We just cannot afford to go to sleep on UCONN.

• Content Count:  635

uconn is a trap game...

how can it be a "trap" game when we just lost last week? 

i hate the term "trap" game even when its used correctly, but come on, this IS NOT A TRAP GAME!

trap game is a media invention

what is your definition of a trap game?

generally a trap game is an "easy" game at home sandwiched between two tough games against hyped opponents. or sometimes it's just the small game before a big one, i.e. OU losing to Colorado before facing Texas.

• Content Count:  4

The NCAA/ BE (one of them) came out with an admission of the blown call  in the Temple game by both the on the field and the booth official.  They handed UCONN the game and then admitted it the week after.

UCONN has some decent players.  A couple of decent RBs.  A great return guy, A fantastic freshman LB that has a nose for the ball (3 or 4 INTs already).

I believe Lorenzen will be extra motivated in this game.  He oriiginally went to Iowa State.  He wanted to play QB.  They wanted to make him a safety so he went to JUCO.  The head coach of ISU that wanted to make him a safety, Dan, McCarney, is our DL Coach. 

Our offense will need to make a statement in this game.

The NCAA doesn't have anything to do with refs. If the BE came out and apologized to Temple, that's bizarre, since the refs were Temple's Conf. refs from the MAC. I did hear, however, that the MAC commissioner apologized to Temple. They got the call right in the first place. This is a 100% certainty.

• Content Count:  21

The NCAA/ BE (one of them) came out with an admission of the blown call  in the Temple game by both the on the field and the booth official.  They handed UCONN the game and then admitted it the week after.

Not quite.  The MAC (whose officials reffed the game) came out and said they blew the call.  Of course they did, they're going to stand up for their conference.  The WR did not have possession of the ball, but whatever.  We can argue that all you want, but we won the game.  Even if they scored, we would have still had the ball with time and TO's left to kick a field goal. 

We got screwed on a fumbled punt call against UL - that cost us 7 points (if you want to be technical, the ball would have been at the 1 yard line). 

Anyway, you guys have been fun to watch thusfar, especially the OOC win against Auburn.  Should be a good game - if our coach has his way it will be a low-scoring, defensive affair. 

• Content Count:  4,451

UCONN is Rutgers without a Ray Rice nor as good as a home field advantage as Rutgers.  Again this game will be about specialty teams, TOs & Matt playing smart.  Taking those two sacks late vs Rutgers were crucial but not as crucial as the officials being influenced by the Rutgers sidelines all nite.

Archived