• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Officials blow call in UL-UConn game

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  0

The blown call brings two USF plays into question. Obviously the "illegal foward pass" and second the 15 yard penalty on the fair catch during the USF/Rutgers game. The guy did waive his had but according the the rule book he must wave his hand back and forth not just wave his hand once.  This will be talked about over the next couple of days.

Rule 2: Section 7

Valid Signal

ARTICLE 2. A valid signal is a signal given by a player of Team B who

has obviously signalled his intention by extending one hand only clearly

above his head and waving that hand from side to side of his body more

than once.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/2006_football_rules.pdf

the announcers also said that if you do the signal wrong then it is also a dead ball

• Content Count:  12,293

Leavitt needs to calm down a little bit and quit embarassing USF.  It's bad enough we have to put up with crap from other fans because we lost.  Don't make it worse by making us defend the indefensible behavior of our coach.

you dont know leavitt very well then.  that is HIM.  he is like that 100% of the time.  if other teams fans have a problem with that, who cares?

ill take leavitt on USF's sidelines acting like that any day of the week.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Did anyone notice how Kragthorpe responded to the play and contrast it with how Jim would have responded?  Kragthorpe was clearly pissed and rightfully ripped the official a new one.  But, he didn't lose control of his bowels and start throwing and hitting things like a 3 year old who was told he couldn't have a cookie.  Leavitt needs to calm down a little bit and quit embarassing USF.  It's bad enough we have to put up with crap from other fans because we lost.  Don't make it worse by making us defend the indefensible behavior of our coach.

Oh lord.  Leavitt scowled about after a call = not when talking to the ref.  Everytime I saw him engage a ref, he toned it down lower than Kraggie.  If I am wrong, please tell me where.  You're presenting some weak venom tonight.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Did anyone notice how Kragthorpe responded to the play and contrast it with how Jim would have responded?  Kragthorpe was clearly pissed and rightfully ripped the official a new one.  But, he didn't lose control of his bowels and start throwing and hitting things like a 3 year old who was told he couldn't have a cookie.  Leavitt needs to calm down a little bit and quit embarassing USF.  It's bad enough we have to put up with crap from other fans because we lost.  Don't make it worse by making us defend the indefensible behavior of our coach.

jesus will u shut the hell up?  seriously.  badmouthing CJL because he is intense is just petty.

coaches are SUPPOSED to show emotion.

the biggest rag on Kragthorpe this season is that he has no intensity or emotion and doesnt get his players fired up, compared to Petrino.

funny how u aren't saying anything about Schiano squealing like a chubby pig up and down the sidelines every time he wanted a call from the refs.

• Content Count:  100

Leavitt needs to calm down a little bit and quit embarassing USF. 

You have to be kidding, right?  The builder of an Empire, embarrassing?  I am a USF Football fan almost purely because of Jim Leavitt. I doubt I'm alone.

Come to think of it, I'm not. We're ALL fans of USF Football because of Jim Leavitt. USF Football IS because of Jim Leavitt.

Nothing embarrassing about it.

• Content Count:  104

I am a USF Football fan almost purely because of Jim Leavitt. I doubt I'm alone.

I guess different strokes for different folks.  While I like his results, I don't like his style.  I guess its (warning:  NASCAR analogy forthcoming) kind of like Dale Earnhardt fans.  I always hated him because I didn't like the way he raced.  I thought he was more interested in pushing other cars out of the way than actually racing against them.  But you could talk to fans of Earnhardt's and if you ask them why they like him, they'd tell you its because of the way he raced.  They like that he was more interested in pushing other cars out of the way than actually racing against them.

• Content Count:  2,661

A whole gaggle of officials and not one saw the kid waive his arm for a fair catch?  That's corruption or negligence.  I don't know which one.

Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I am a USF Football fan almost purely because of Jim Leavitt. I doubt I'm alone.

I guess different strokes for different folks.  While I like his results, I don't like his style.  I guess its (warning:  NASCAR analogy forthcoming) kind of like Dale Earnhardt fans.  I always hated him because I didn't like the way he raced.  I thought he was more interested in pushing other cars out of the way than actually racing against them.  But you could talk to fans of Earnhardt's and if you ask them why they like him, they'd tell you its because of the way he raced.  They like that he was more interested in pushing other cars out of the way than actually racing against them.

CJL rules. 

Pick a new team if you cannot handle it.

• Content Count:  5,241

Oh know! Leavitt got angry at the refs! oh my goodness this is sooo awfull!!

Gimme a break, if your embarrassed by that, you need to find another bandwagon to ride!

Archived