• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Officials blow call in UL-UConn game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

I believe it was a bad call......but to play devil's advocate you have to keep playing until the whistle blows.  Whistle never blew and the UL player should have lit that returners @ss up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  743

You can also see him look down right before he signals to check how close they are to them. He sees that they are right on his tail so he calls the fair catch.

• Content Count:  959

clearly a fair catch was his intention. The guy was smirking on the sideline because he knew he got over. The back judge went to mark the spot. I do not understand what happened. He forgot to blow the whistle kid runs it back. He was scared because its the home team ? Both teams stopped playing. If a Louisville guy tackles him then it would be 15 yards, so what are they supposed to do? How can that not be reviewable? It is a shame the offiicials are changing the outcome of games. They are doing a horrible job hence why there is so much discussion about them. Let the teams determine the outcome........ Investigation $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$   

• Content Count:  2,478

Is there somewhere that we can all send in complaints to the commissioner. And possibly have him look into this, because it seems that USF gets more heavily penalized then some of the other big east teams. Like I saw a few late hits on thursday that didn't get called.

• Content Count:  10,219

how does a coverage guy "see" the one hand wave to know if to hit the guy or not?

what if he was hit would they have called unsportsman?

hand up play stops. these refs are terrible

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Hand up OVER THE PLAYERS HEAD WAVING... is a fair catch.

The only debate he is if it was a illegal motion/fake fair catch. The arm went up, but  I don't know if it was enough motion or not to deem it fake.

Hand up OVER THE PLAYERS HEAD WAVING... is a fair catch.

The only debate he is if it was a illegal motion/fake fair catch. The arm went up, but  I don't know if it was enough motion or not to deem it fake.

I disagree... it looked to me like he could have been trying to catch his balance.  His arm didn't go that far above his head -- if it even went above his head at all...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

the worst part was the backjudge actually started running up to the spot of the "fair catch" as if he was marking the spot, but obviously didn't. 

Exactly what I saw also.

And regarding playimng until the whistle ... if the players would have stayed full speed and hit the guy, the whistle would not have blown and they would have been hit with the flag.

Can't believe this was not overturned. The ref moving up should be suspended.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

the worst part was the backjudge actually started running up to the spot of the "fair catch" as if he was marking the spot, but obviously didn't. 

Exactly what I saw also.

And regarding playimng until the whistle ... if the players would have stayed full speed and hit the guy, the whistle would not have blown and they would have been hit with the flag.

Can't believe this was not overturned. The ref moving up should be suspended.

Agreed, that was pathetic officiating

Archived