• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TO STAY IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PICTURE, ROOT FOR THESE TEAMS ON SATURDAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

needs to win

OU @ Iowa State 12:30

Vanderbilt @ South Carolina 12:30

Cal @ UCLA 3:30

Texas Tech @ Mizzou 3:30

USC @ Notre Dame 3:30

Florida @ Kentucky 3:30

MSU @ Ohio State 3:30

Kansas @ Colorado  5:30

Oregon @ Washington 7:30

Aubrun @ LSU 9:00

root for Uconn tonight..

We do still have a shot.  We should still be in the top 10 if not just right out of it.  WVU didn't fall far by losing to us and Rutgers will be ranked after this week.

Keep hope alive, but let's at least win the Big East.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

People were talking about us being out of the picture with an undefeated season.  One loss?  Hm...  The Big East is looking like a mountain right now.

• Content Count:  2,661

Florida has long-term credibility with the human pollsters.

South Florida does not.

Sad but true.

And CFN's analysis is correct: the human polls are the prevailing factor, and that's where USF fares the worst.

I like the optimism here, but getting back into the national race would require such an apocalyptic scenario that it's not much worth thinking about. We'd be better off focusing on winning the Big East, which USF can pretty much do on its own; or scenarios that would give non-Big East-winning USF an automatic invitation to a BCS bowl, as explained here.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Even if that the computers aren't gonna love our SOS. It's gonna be tough but there is a chance...even if it is 1 in a million.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

there is no way a 1 loss USF team makes it the to NC game. Wont happen..... The pollsters were looking for a way to keep a 12-0 USF team out....

Our goal needs to be the Big East

Are you stupid? Look at what happened to Florida last season. Lost to Auburn this time of year, won out and everything that needed to happen did. USF is not out of it yet!

I will not comment here on his being stupid or not    ;)  but he's dead on about this. As was pointed out, it was going to be tough getting to the NC game with zero losses, there is no way we get there now .... so keep this "still in the NC picture" stuff on THIS board ...... please.

• Content Count:  18

there is no way a 1 loss USF team makes it the to NC game. Wont happen..... The pollsters were looking for a way to keep a 12-0 USF team out....

Are you stupid? Look at what happened to Florida last season. Lost to Auburn this time of year, won out and everything that needed to happen did. USF is not out of it yet!

I will not comment here on his being stupid or not    ;)  but he's dead on about this. As was pointed out, it was going to be tough getting to the NC game with zero losses, there is no way we get there now .... so keep this "still in the NC picture" stuff on THIS board ...... please.

All I am saying is Florida needed so many things to happen last season. They needed USC to lose, Michigan or OSU to lose big, (other losses I can't remember also) as well as win out.Then, the SECCG came about and we needed to win "convincingly to show the pollsters that we belong. Hell, The gators were one blocked kick away from having 2 losses. Do not worry too much, hope your team wins out and let the cards fall into place. I think you can do it.

• Content Count:  1,261

we can do it.

we just need some help..

I will not comment here on his being stupid or not    ;)  but he's dead on about this. As was pointed out, it was going to be tough getting to the NC game with zero losses, there is no way we get there now .... so keep this "still in the NC picture" stuff on THIS board ...... please.

All I am saying is Florida needed so many things to happen last season. They needed USC to lose, Michigan or OSU to lose big, (other losses I can't remember also) as well as win out.Then, the SECCG came about and we needed to win "convincingly to show the pollsters that we belong. Hell, The gators were one blocked kick away from having 2 losses. Do not worry too much, hope your team wins out and let the cards fall into place. I think you can do it.

Gary's post did a great job of splaining everything...

• Content Count:  416

Don't give up hope! I met somebody on campus this morning at the PHY building and he said he had a plan.

we can do it.

we just need some help..

Right, like every team in the current top 10 needs to somehow get to 3 losses ..... Possible, I guess.  :-\

Archived