• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TO STAY IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PICTURE, ROOT FOR THESE TEAMS ON SATURDAY

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

there is no way a 1 loss USF team makes it the to NC game. Wont happen..... The pollsters were looking for a way to keep a 12-0 USF team out....

Our goal needs to be the Big East

Are you stupid? Look at what happened to Florida last season. Lost to Auburn this time of year, won out and everything that needed to happen did. USF is not out of it yet!

you must be new to college football.

welcome to the banwagon. hope you stick around.

there was a possibility that a 12-0 USF team could have been left out. a 2 loss SEC team (UF) would jump a 1 loss USF team.

I hate it, but its the truth.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

we can do it.

we just need some help..

Right, like every team in the current top 10 needs to somehow get to 3 losses ..... Possible, I guess.  :-\

not 3 losses. just 2. which could very well happen..

Look at what everybody was saying this week. The controversy, etc if we had run the table and the next best team had 1 loss, we could have been in, right? So what's the difference if we're one of only two one-loss teams left at the end of the season and the next best team has 2 losses? Same dilemma.

if Uconn wins tonight they are ranked. That happens and we beat them and Cincy the next two weeks, we're right back in it if the cards fall our way...

We have the possibility of beating four ranked teams this year, which would look very good to the computers.

not as farfetched as you may think

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

there is no way a 1 loss USF team makes it the to NC game. Wont happen..... The pollsters were looking for a way to keep a 12-0 USF team out....

Are you stupid? Look at what happened to Florida last season. Lost to Auburn this time of year, won out and everything that needed to happen did. USF is not out of it yet!

I will not comment here on his being stupid or not    ;)  but he's dead on about this. As was pointed out, it was going to be tough getting to the NC game with zero losses, there is no way we get there now .... so keep this "still in the NC picture" stuff on THIS board ...... please.

All I am saying is Florida needed so many things to happen last season. They needed USC to lose, Michigan or OSU to lose big, (other losses I can't remember also) as well as win out.Then, the SECCG came about and we needed to win "convincingly to show the pollsters that we belong. Hell, The gators were one blocked kick away from having 2 losses. Do not worry too much, hope your team wins out and let the cards fall into place. I think you can do it.

oh your one of The UF fans..... USF would have a very good shot, if the front of our jerseys said UF. I think this USF team could beat Florida, and I hope they are able to prove it in the Sugar Bowl.

• Content Count:  18

you must be new to college football.

welcome to the banwagon. hope you stick around.

there was a possibility that a 12-0 USF team could have been left out. a 2 loss SEC team (UF) would jump a 1 loss USF team.

I hate it, but its the truth.

Is it impossoble? no. All I am saying is don't give up hope. Things can happen. Yes, I am a Gator fan. As stated, though, I also root for the Bulls second (mainly to piss off all the UCF homos around me)

• Content Count:  385

The main thing that wrecks our NC hopes is our weak SOS the rest of the way.

Florida got to beat overrated SEC teams (like Arkansas in the SEC Champ game) last year to jump teams in the polls. We still have a chance with the computers though, and I think that should be our goal:

- Finish top 2 n the computer rankings

- Win the Big East

GO BULLS

• Content Count:  416

Look at what everybody was saying this week. The controversy, etc if we had run the table and the next best team had 1 loss, we could have been in, right? So what's the difference if we're one of only two one-loss teams left at the end of the season and the next best team has 2 losses? Same dilemma.

Big difference between being unbeaten and having one in the L column. Sure things might happen, OU's team plane may go down (god willing not actually) but it would take a huge series of beat downs on the rest of USF's schedule to impress the human pollsters.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

we can do it.

we just need some help..

Right, like every team in the current top 10 needs to somehow get to 3 losses ..... Possible, I guess.  :-\

not 3 losses. just 2. which could very well happen..

if Uconn wins tonight they are ranked. That happens and we beat them and Cincy the next two weeks, we're right back in it if the cards fall our way...

We have the possibility of beating four ranked teams this year, which would look very good to the computers.

not as farfetched as you may think

It's not the computers we have to worry about. The human voters were just looking for a reason to kick our ass down, they got it ..... Our only hope is that they saw what we saw with the refs trying to avoid sleeping with the fishes ...

• Content Count:  1,261

Big difference between being unbeaten and having one in the L column. Sure things might happen, OU's team plane may go down (god willing not actually) but it would take a huge series of beat downs on the rest of USF's schedule to impress the human pollsters.

definitely.

we need OU to get 'Marshall'ed on the way out of Iowa. I should add that to my list.. ;D

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We just need to concentrate on winning the Big East.  Any talk of a NC is almost silly at this point.  They were having a tough time considering us with no losses.However, keep winning and stay in the public eye.  We don't have that unknown stigma next year. 

After finishing in the top ten last year, Rutgers came into this year considered a powerhouse.    We have crashed the party, now we need to maintain to sshow we are part of the party and not a novelty act.

• Content Count:  1,238

yea, its time to let this stuff go, 12-0 we would of been in the game, 11-1 it wont happen, no way, just need to focus on staying in the top 15 to keep our name out there, and winning the big east

Archived