• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okey I am breaking my silence the O.C.'s play calling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

You know I have watched all year where we have barely just got by and a lot of those stupid plays are from the sidelines.  I don't know what type of OC this guy is but I don't think he's a fit for USF.  First off, what kind of play calling was that in the 4th quarter?  I feel as though we have stepped back in to the Andre Hall era with only 1 solid back.  They only put Ford in a handful of times and he didn't lose the ball.  What the heck is the problem here?  Grothe is not the running back of USF!  They might as well put young Gregory in and let Grothe play running back the way its going.

Last year we at least mixed the plays up with a few reverses etc.  Apparently Rutgers has the right idea in mixing things up.  But to just either run up the middle or pass and pray is ridiculous!!

>:(

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I hate some of the play calling. We need a consistent running back more than anything. I really like Ben Williams and he can be explosive, but he just isn't consistent enough. He would fit better as a wide out. Mike Ford needs to get more reps, he only took a few snaps. Grothe can't carry the offense on his shoulders. Maybe in a year or two, but we can't just freaking rely on him. He NEEDS support!!!!

• Content Count:  66

The last posession was poorly executed. Grothe gets sacked, then a spike, another failed 3rd down conversion and then we punt. At this point we were in 4 down territory. Losing the down on the spike was very short sighted.

--Joey

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Care to point out what plays you are talking about?

How about less than 10 minutes left in the game, ball around midfield.  Rutgers is blitzing on every single play.  We give the ball to B Williams on a draw play TWICE IN A ROW FOR NO GAIN.  Gee, that really fooled 'em.  We should have punted on first down, at least we might have confused them.

That said, I think our offense did pretty well for the most part.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

How about less than 10 minutes left in the game, ball around midfield.  Rutgers is blitzing on every single play.  We give the ball to B Williams on a draw play TWICE IN A ROW FOR NO GAIN.  Gee, that really fooled 'em.  We should have punted on first down, at least we might have confused them.

That said, I think our offense did pretty well for the most part.

That would be my complaint as well.  It's hard to remember through that haze of sacks and stuffed runs of a game but I remember that 2nd to last drive something about a draw play to Williams and I whatever I had in my hands I definitely threw across the house.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Wasn't simply the playcalling.  It seemed more like the gameplanning and adjustments.  Schiano adjusted to Matt running.  He blitzed him and instead of running the quick hit slants and WR screens that has always been a big part of offense, he then turns grothe into a pocket passer with slow developing downfield passes. 

Let's run Williiams and Taylor into the line on first and and second downs a few more time and try to convert on 3rd and 8, 9, and 10.

A good OC needs to make adjustments.  He was outcoached tonight.

• Content Count:  131

particularly on first down of last possession really ticked me off. they had been bringing pressure up the middle and getting to grothe. also they weren't letting him out of the pocket. you cannot have all the routes developing down the field. i just don't understand why there werent a couple short slants to get the ball out quickly. we didnt have to move the ball very far. the only thing we couldn't do is take a sack and we did.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My biggest gripe is we had one screen and one quick slant.  We didn't adjust to their blitzing.

Archived