• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okey I am breaking my silence the O.C.'s play calling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

You know I have watched all year where we have barely just got by and a lot of those stupid plays are from the sidelines.  I don't know what type of OC this guy is but I don't think he's a fit for USF.  First off, what kind of play calling was that in the 4th quarter?  I feel as though we have stepped back in to the Andre Hall era with only 1 solid back.  They only put Ford in a handful of times and he didn't lose the ball.  What the heck is the problem here?  Grothe is not the running back of USF!  They might as well put young Gregory in and let Grothe play running back the way its going.

Last year we at least mixed the plays up with a few reverses etc.  Apparently Rutgers has the right idea in mixing things up.  But to just either run up the middle or pass and pray is ridiculous!!

>:(

under leavitt usf has always had an odd offense

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Where was this second guessing the coaches while we were winning?

I'm sorry but we can't lose sight of things as fans. We can't just turn on the team and stuff, I do agree Mike Ford needs to be used way more than he is but lets face it i'm sure when he ran 2 straight draws he was assuming Rutgers wouldn't expect him to run 2 straight draws and was hoping to catch them off guard the second time.

Being an offensive coordinator isn't easy.

• Content Count:  24

I couldn't agree more. What is wrong with putting Grothe under center on occasion and handing off to Mike Ford? Where the hell is Mike Ford??? I love Grothe, but shotgun every play, without any slants or screens to slow the blitz, is not a good situation. When you can't run the ball and can't stop the run, you're in trouble.

• Content Count:  72

You know I have watched all year where we have barely just got by and a lot of those stupid plays are from the sidelines.  I don't know what type of OC this guy is but I don't think he's a fit for USF.  First off, what kind of play calling was that in the 4th quarter?  I feel as though we have stepped back in to the Andre Hall era with only 1 solid back.  They only put Ford in a handful of times and he didn't lose the ball.  What the heck is the problem here?  Grothe is not the running back of USF!  They might as well put young Gregory in and let Grothe play running back the way its going.

Last year we at least mixed the plays up with a few reverses etc.  Apparently Rutgers has the right idea in mixing things up.  But to just either run up the middle or pass and pray is ridiculous!!

>:(

under leavitt usf has always had an odd offense

I agree.  If I was asked to concisely describe our offense I don't think I could do it.

• Content Count:  72

I'm sorry but we can't lose sight of things as fans. We can't just turn on the team and stuff, I do agree Mike Ford needs to be used way more than he is but lets face it i'm sure when he ran 2 straight draws he was assuming Rutgers wouldn't expect him to run 2 straight draws and was hoping to catch them off guard the second time.

Being an offensive coordinator isn't easy.

Um, everywhere.  How many Mike Ford threads have you seen up until now?  I'll save you the scrolling, it's a lot.  I don't think anyone is losing sight of things, I think everyone is just frustrated with the lack of adjustments. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

They were plastered all over this site, Colby, especially from yours truly.

You were just too busy being immature about the Amarri FaceBook thing and sending death threats to bandwagoners.

::)

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

They were plastered all over this site, Colby, especially from yours truly.

You were just too busy being immature about the Amarri FaceBook thing and sending death threats to bandwagoners.

::)

I've been calling for Ford since the Elon game.  When he made a mistake, I am glad the benched him but this is silly.

• Content Count:  349

This sounds like a fun formation... two in the backfield. Grothe and Gregory... you can direct snap to either one... both are capable of running and passing the ball... :D

Archived