• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GIVE FOOOOOOOORD THE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Mike Ford = BEST RB on the team!  That is why we lost.  Ford runs people over.  ben Williams is a waste of a roster spot!.  He has one good game against a crappy defense.  Thanks for nothing.

Penalties is why we lost.  Sacks (6 in the 2nd half) is why we lost.  Not playing Ford is NOT why we lost.  Give it a rest, I know you're hurt, I'm sure we all are, but please do not take this out on those not responsible.

We were also sacked because the defense knew that or RB's weren't a threat.  That's why there were so many 3rd and longs.  Mike Ford can bust out on long runs and wears defenses out.  But no, let's leave in the guy that never breaks tackles instead, smart.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509

for real!!!!

Mike Ford is THE best running back on the team!!!  Nothing against B. Williams, but Ford is BETTER!!!!

and why not try a simple screen pass or short slant with all the blitzing Rutgers was doing in the 2nd half!

and Grothe....GET RID OF THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  274

The only thing that I would like to add is------ Why don't we have a screen play when we are being blitzed like that?

• Content Count:  1,297

Ford needs to learn to pick up the blitz............anyone see the play where he failed to pick up the blitz and ran a short out instead.  Grothe got leveled.  Ben, is a work horse, hard runner, and great blocker.  How anyone says he sucks in beyond me.  Ford needs to learn his assignments a little bit better or he'll be riding the pine the rest of the year.

• Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

And Ford needs to hold on to the ball...hold your breath every time he runs.  Could break a long one or drop the loaf of bread he looks like he is carrying. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Yeah.......anyone still convinced RB by committee is the way to go?

Rice had about 683 carries, and that was a HUGE difference in the flow of that offense.

Rotating our RB's that much kills our offensive rhythm.

I think it needs to be FORD as well, but at least pick SOMEONE and make them the RB!

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

We did not use one screen play or blitz counter play the entire game.  That sucked

• Content Count:  3,403

We did not use one screen play or blitz counter play the entire game.  That sucked

We tried a screen in the 4th quarter but it was batted down.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I don't see why it has to be Ford or Williams.  You can have them both back there either in that formation where one is on the left and one is on the right, or you can do the I formation.

I still think it is why we lost the game. 

• Content Count:  218

Guys, the problem is Grothe.  Take him out of the equation and what do you have?  You have a QB in that looks to THROW 1st.  You have WRs catching balls in space.  You have Running Backs RUNNING the ball.  Grothe is too stingy, thinks he is better than he is.   Rutgers came out with a "mirror spy" on Grothe in the 2nd half and you got destroyed.  3 Rutgers turnovers, all that field position.  Man... I cannot go on.

Archived