• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GIVE FOOOOOOOORD THE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

I'm actually starting to lose a little respect for Leavitt

Ford is obviously the better back, Williams is the feel good story and stuff but whatever

When it comes down to it, you put the best player on the field.

That didn't happen tonight (Or any game really)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

Guys, the problem is Grothe.  Take him out of the equation and what do you have?  You have a QB in that looks to THROW 1st.  You have WRs catching balls in space.  You have Running Backs RUNNING the ball.  Grothe is too stingy, thinks he is better than he is.  Rutgers came out with a "mirror spy" on Grothe in the 2nd half and you got destroyed.  3 Rutgers turnovers, all that field position.  Man... I cannot go on.

You are clearly a moron.  Did Grothe make mistakes?  Yes.  Did he also make huge plays and pretty much get all of our rushing yardage?  Don't give this crap that the problem is Grothe because he did the best he could.  We had our best receiver out of the game and a big factor on the O-Line go down.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I love Ben Williams, he is probably the guy on the team that deserves better than any other. He is absolutely fantastic in space. If there is a hole, he hits it, he'll make people miss, and get good gains.

HE CAN'T MAKE ANYONE MISS AT THE LINE THOUGH.

If there isn't a big hole, he doesn't get anything, in fact, he generally loses yards.

A good running back will occasionally make someone miss at the line, or power through a small crease, or bounce it out side for a big gain. We have all seen that in Ford. Williams doesn't have it. If this was an NFL team, Ben would be our 3rd down back. He's a good blocker, receiver, and playmaker in space. Ford has to be THE guy though.

He's a fumbler you say? So are Ricky Williams and Tiki Barber, they managed to work through those issues (though ricky has other issues). Do we have a running back coach? Maybe he could teach him a new way to hold the ball? You know, coaching?

Just to clarify before people start saying that I am angry about the game. This would have been my response even if we had driven for a TD to win. If there is an off-the-field reason that Ford isn't playing, then I will trust Leavitt with that. If it is because they think Ben is better, I am concerned.

I love Ben Williams, he is probably the guy on the team that deserves better than any other. He is absolutely fantastic in space. If there is a hole, he hits it, he'll make people miss, and get good gains.

HE CAN'T MAKE ANYONE MISS AT THE LINE THOUGH.

If there isn't a big hole, he doesn't get anything, in fact, he generally loses yards.

A good running back will occasionally make someone miss at the line, or power through a small crease, or bounce it out side for a big gain. We have all seen that in Ford. Williams doesn't have it. If this was an NFL team, Ben would be our 3rd down back. He's a good blocker, receiver, and playmaker in space. Ford has to be THE guy though.

He's a fumbler you say? So are Ricky Williams and Tiki Barber, they managed to work through those issues (though ricky has other issues). Do we have a running back coach? Maybe he could teach him a new way to hold the ball? You know, coaching?

Just to clarify before people start saying that I am angry about the game. This would have been my response even if we had driven for a TD to win. If there is an off-the-field reason that Ford isn't playing, then I will trust Leavitt with that. If it is because they think Ben is better, I am concerned.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying.  It is frustrating me as a fan to sit there and watch.  Do they want to lose the game?  Of course not, but wow when you don't put everything on the line you deserve to lose.  I got tired of dropped passes on first down, a constant RB threat would help that a lot. 

Again, this isn't a bash on Williams, I saw him blocking like crazy and he made some big plays.  Of course he should be in the game.  However when you can't move the ball you have to make an adjustment somehow.  Ford would have changed the game (one way or another).  We still lost, I just wish we would have put everything we had on the field.

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Is there something wrong with putting Grothe under center at least occasionally and handing off to Ford??? They don't do it much, but it's 4-5 yards every time they do. We NEED this extra dimension in our offense- it will only make Grothe that much more effective via play-action, etc...

Is there something wrong with putting Grothe under center at least occasionally and handing off to Ford??? They don't do it much, but it's 4-5 yards every time they do. We NEED this extra dimension in our offense- it will only make Grothe that much more effective via play-action, etc...

You notice this too?  I still say without Ford you have the same offense you have last year.  In that big game you had to take some heat off of Grothe on oh maybe the occasional down here and there.

Offensive Coaches - Lack of adjustments in 2nd half

Jamar Taylor - FR, give the guy a break

Ben Williams - Has earned his roster spot, blocks and makes plays

Mike Ford - I still don't understand why he is not allowed to contribute

• Content Count:  400

i think Ford should be our primary back, and Ben Williams should be our 3rd down back.  he is much more suitable during passing plays (blocking and pass catching).  taylor is a sub.

• Content Count:  24

i think Ford should be our primary back, and Ben Williams should be our 3rd down back.  he is much more suitable during passing plays (blocking and pass catching).  taylor is a sub.

Agree on all 3 counts.

I wonder if Leavitt will address the Ford situation.  He has to be doing something behind the scenes to prevent him being in the game more.  If that is the case then fine I put the blame on him for screwing up.  If not, there is no excuse.

Archived