• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I love when refs review unreviewable plays...

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Guys can we quit with the refs? It wasn't that bad. Seriously.

Illegal forward passes are reviewable at any time. And a flag can be thrown after the review, it happened 2 years ago in the Nebraksa - Colorado game.

Amari extended his arms and did touch the defensive back enough to cause him to get separation. It was close but it's not like it was one official who saw that. Receivers are told to never extend their arms or they will get it called.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not blaming the refs, because we had several chances to win that game at the end, but there were some HORRIBLE calls made by the refs during that game.

The Hester unsportsmanlike conduct

The flags on the muffed punt by Rutgers for interference when there was no Bull within 5 yds (later picked up)

The late hit when the guy was still inbounds  (freaking all Gilliam did was push him out of bounds!!!)

The B.S.!!!!!! pass interference call on Amarri Jackson (EVEN THE GUYS ON SPORTS CENTER THIS MORNING SAID THERE WAS NO PUSH!!!!!!!)

The called back TD for illegal foward pass.  (I didn't know the refs were mind readers and could tell the players INTENTIONS!!!!  Or maybe they saw a thougt bubble!  Calls are overturned during replay for INDISPUTABLE evidence, there was none!!!

All that said, the Bulls should have won the game.  They had three drives at the end for the go ahead touchdown and couldn't move the ball  (yeah, lets run B. Williams on 1st and 2nd down!).  Throw the ball away Grothe!!!  Quit trying to throw deep when Rutgers is blitzing on every down!!!  Throw a short screen pass to the RB!!

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

All that said, the Bulls should have won the game.  They had three drives at the end for the go ahead touchdown and couldn't move the ball  (yeah, lets run B. Williams on 1st and 2nd down!).  Throw the ball away Grothe!!!  Quit trying to throw deep when Rutgers is blitzing on every down!!!  Throw a short screen pass to the RB!!

and don't spike the ball when we have had a sack on first, plenty of time left, and need to make a field goal.  Too many mistakes to win.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I'm not blaming the refs, because we had several chances to win that game at the end, but there were some HORRIBLE calls made by the refs during that game.

The flags on the muffed punt by Rutgers for interference when there was no Bull within 5 yds (later picked up)

The late hit when the guy was still inbounds  (freaking all Gilliam did was push him out of bounds!!!)

The B.S.!!!!!! pass interference call on Amarri Jackson (EVEN THE GUYS ON SPORTS CENTER THIS MORNING SAID THERE WAS NO PUSH!!!!!!!)

The called back TD for illegal foward pass.  (I didn't know the refs were mind readers and could tell the players INTENTIONS!!!!  Or maybe they saw a thougt bubble!  Calls are overturned during replay for INDISPUTABLE evidence, there was none!!!

You make sense but I still think we could have won even with the refs with agendas.

• Content Count:  4,501

I think the Refs were really bad last night and if you think the bad calls didn't make a diffence in the outcome of the game you are just plain wrong.

Those calls took at least 10 points off the board for USF.

Thank goodness we have alot of games left to play.

I am beginning to hate Rutgars

• Content Count:  64

I love how things said on sportscenter are somehow assumed to be correct.  It's simple if the receiver extends his arms, then the Pass interference call is an almost automatic call.

• Content Count:  1,981

I never like to blame the Refs, I leave that to UCiFers, but those questionable flags killed a lot of our drives and momentum. Yes I know, great teams win despite bad calls, but we did GREAT things that were later overturned or flagged. A great QB would have converted on 4 and forever, well Grothe did convert but then there was the BS pass interference flag. A GREAT team would have scored after a block Field Goal, well, we did but it was called back.  We should have scored in the other drives but that doesn't neglect the fact that we did great in other drives and we were hosed on those.

• Content Count:  416

The refs didn't keep Groethe in the backfield getting contained and sacked. I didn't like the calls either but both the PI and the forward fumble call are both debateable.

The blocked kick shouldn't have been a game decider it was a fluke that it bounced our way twice anyhow. The best way to overcome a call back on that return would've been to march down the field, which we didn't do. We still had a a half of football.

The PI call was ticky tacky but that's the way the refs called the whole game and it was a mental error by the reciever to put his fingers on the cb and extend his arms. He doesn't do that he catches the ball and who knows maybe alvorado doesn't miss a fg or maybe we get a td. But we were on 3rd and long because Groethe wouldn't throw it away, not because the refs sacked him.

• Content Count:  635

not sure how anyone could deny that the late hit out of bounds was a good call. he was 2 yards out of bounds and Gilliam pushed him down. that will be called 100% of the time, every game.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We had the ball twice in the last 8 or 9 minutes of the game and came away with 0 points. Nobody here is saying we would have won the game if x, y, and z happen. I think people are just pissed off that some ****** penalties were called that change how the game progressed.

Archived