• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I love when refs review unreviewable plays...

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

I think the illegal forward pass will be debated for some time.  maybe even the PI, but I do think it was the correct call.

Question - Has anyone heard or read anything from Tyrone on his take of what went dowm on the play?  Since the replay official seemed to interpret it as an intential forward pass, I would love to hear from the Bulls mouth what really happened.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Eh disagree. After that blocked fg for a TD everything went sour. That ball was stripped.

THAT...is true...carry on.

Proof .....

Now, I will not show the Jenkins "fumble" that occured right before that ...  ;)

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not blaming the refs, because we had several chances to win that game at the end, but there were some HORRIBLE calls made by the refs during that game.

The Hester unsportsmanlike conduct

The flags on the muffed punt by Rutgers for interference when there was no Bull within 5 yds (later picked up)

The late hit when the guy was still inbounds  (freaking all Gilliam did was push him out of bounds!!!)

The B.S.!!!!!! pass interference call on Amarri Jackson (EVEN THE GUYS ON SPORTS CENTER THIS MORNING SAID THERE WAS NO PUSH!!!!!!!)

The called back TD for illegal foward pass.  (I didn't know the refs were mind readers and could tell the players INTENTIONS!!!!  Or maybe they saw a thougt bubble!  Calls are overturned during replay for INDISPUTABLE evidence, there was none!!!

All that said, the Bulls should have won the game.  They had three drives at the end for the go ahead touchdown and couldn't move the ball  (yeah, lets run B. Williams on 1st and 2nd down!).  Throw the ball away Grothe!!!  Quit trying to throw deep when Rutgers is blitzing on every down!!!  Throw a short screen pass to the RB!!

Very good recap.

We still could/should have won, we had the chances and didn't do it.  NO EXCUSES!!

But this bad officiating has got to stop.

• Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

i still dont get why that punt fumble that was returned for a td was nixed

It wasn't a fumble.  Its a muff.  In order for a punt to be fumbled (kickoff as well) you have to catch the ball and have control of it.  Brown never did, therefore, it was a muff and a muff cannot be returned.  Play is dead upon recovery. 

I just don't get football rules sometimes. If one of the receiving team blockers accidentally gets hit by the punted ball, the ball is live and we can do whatever we want with it. However, when it hits the person catching it and they can't hold on to it, it's not live anymore? I suspect I'm missing something in the interpretation here since that makes no sense.

If it hits the ground its live.  Just a quirky rule that almost never happens.  Can you think of the last time you saw a player muff a punt and the defense catch it in the air?

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I guess I didn't realize the ball never hit the ground. Like you said, it happens so infrequently, I'll probably forget this clarification by the time I see it next. :)

Archived