• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers on Thursday night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

As a 1996 grad, I am so incredibly proud of this football team.  I love the fact that my beloved Bulls are in the national spotlight every week - I only wish this was all going on when I was a student!  Being undefeated and ranked in the top 5 past the half way point of the season is an accomplishment that 99% of us did not see as a posibility this year.  This season so far, if nothing else, has been a helluva lot of fun and should do LOADS for next year's recruiting class.  How great is it to see the GameDay crew talk about us every week - whether positive or negative?  Who cares if Corso doesn't have us in his top 5?  Who cares if Holtz has Kansas ahead of us?  I get a kick out of hearing them debate about us.  The fact is, we're still undefeated, and have just about our ENTIRE BIG EAST schedule left to play. 

With that said, is there anyone who is nervous about the trip to Rutgers on Thursday night?  Are there any Bulls out there that would be happy with a Big East championship this year, regardless of our record?  I think our remaining schedule may not be regarded as difficult by the national media, I still think we have some potential games of worry.  This Thursday at Rutgers is one of them.

Shame on me for not firing up this NC talk yet.  Like Leavitt, I am interested in taking one game at a time.  Let's get revenge for what happened last year!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  86

A lot of the anti-USF people at hanging their hats on USF losing to Rutgers. So, this is a big game for USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

Plenty nervous about Rutgers, Cinci, Louisville.  All possible losses but hopefully we can win out.  My wife and I are 6-0 on the road and are going up to Rutgers.  Hopefully the streak will continue.  There are just some teams that seem to play well against others.  We seem to have WVU's number.  Cinci seems to play well agains us.  Louisville v USF seems to be a homer series, etc, etc.  Rutgers at home is tough.  Two years ago up there we beat them but our D scored at least twice and RU came on strong in the 2nd half.  It won't be easy.  Rice has given us more trouble than any other running back.  They miss Leonard in the backfield.

• Content Count:  56

I was flipping back and forth between the USF game and the RU game and Rice looked to be getting in a groove.  Imo, Ray Rice running up the middle in his downhill tough running style is going to be one of the toughest tests of our D this season. 

See you on Thursday -- T

• Content Count:  325

HUGE, HUGE GAME,  Many folks will be tuning in to see if we deserve the rankings we garnered so far.    The Bulls need to prove the naysayers(Pat Forde, Lee Corso, LouHoltz) wrong!!!

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

As a 1996 grad, I am so incredibly proud of this football team.  I love the fact that my beloved Bulls are in the national spotlight every week - I only wish this was all going on when I was a student!  Being undefeated and ranked in the top 5 past the half way point of the season is an accomplishment that 99% of us did not see as a posibility this year.  This season so far, if nothing else, has been a helluva lot of fun and should do LOADS for next year's recruiting class.  How great is it to see the GameDay crew talk about us every week - whether positive or negative?  Who cares if Corso doesn't have us in his top 5?  Who cares if Holtz has Kansas ahead of us?  I get a kick out of hearing them debate about us.  The fact is, we're still undefeated, and have just about our ENTIRE BIG EAST schedule left to play. 

With that said, is there anyone who is nervous about the trip to Rutgers on Thursday night?  Are there any Bulls out there that would be happy with a Big East championship this year, regardless of our record?  I think our remaining schedule may not be regarded as difficult by the national media, I still think we have some potential games of worry.  This Thursday at Rutgers is one of them.

Shame on me for not firing up this NC talk yet.  Like Leavitt, I am interested in taking one game at a time.  Let's get revenge for what happened last year!

I would be thrilled with a BE Championship and a BCS bowl.  It is tough to see us going undefeated.  Luckily, we get Cincy and Lousville at home.  But, with 3 potentially cold weather games on the road, it's hard to see us not stumbling.  A National Championship game would be something I would have never imagined.

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  993

It is going to take another great game by the defense.    Cincy held them under 100 yards rushing and got four turnovers and barely won it. 

We really could use a 2TD margin for the national exposure, but we gotta win first.  With UConn probably going down to Louisville this win would put us nicely out in front of the Big East.

• Content Count:  919

The Rutgers game in Piscataway is the one game I feared most going into the season.  I still do - they will be fired up to host a top 5 team.  Their power running game and play action over the top are tough to defend, and the USF D will have to play a great game.  The USF O seems to be finding its stride thought and should have success against RU.

Can't wait!  Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

But, with 3 potentially cold weather games on the road, it's hard to see us not stumbling. 

i don't know if the weather will be that big of an issue. 

a few things:

1) the Rutgers game will be NICE weather, probably in the 50s or 60s that evening.  definetely not frigid, and enough to keep them cool compared to the Florida heat.

2) UConn on the 27th will also be cool, but nowhere as cold as that 30 something degree November weather in 2005 when we got our asses handed to us.

3) Syracuse plays in a dome.  weather is irrelevent.

4) Pitt will be the coldest game we face in late November.  THAT will be the only game i think weather might play a factor.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this game will make rutgers' history let alone their 2007 season

that being said,usf should easily handle rutgers

usf is clearly better than rutgers

cinncy and maryland beat rutgers in nj

Archived