• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers on Thursday night

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

Hey BULLS!!

Congratulations on a great season thus far! Your team has earned the right to be rated as high as you are in the polls, so do not let the naysayers get you down.

Now on to the game. I fully expect your guys to come up with a game to pressure Teel into some uncomfortable situations. Although Rutgers has two all Big east performers on the O-Line, we are still are very young at that position and have had problems protecting Teel against Maryland and Cinci. George Selvie has become unstoppable this year and I fully expect him to get his. Some of you posted about Teel being a little erratic, but I must say I feel the same about Grothe. Grothe reminds me of Bret Farve because of his gutsy, heady play and like Bret Farve he to takes many chances that may hurt your team at time. Hopefully RU will be able to contain him in the pocket because its when he is out of the pocket where he becomes the most dangerous QB in college football. Your trademark on defense has been outstanding team speed and I am expecting it to be on full display in Piscataway on Thursday night.

As for Rutgers, I think the team has finally realized that last years season is just that, LAST YEAR. We are developing a new identity as a team and that certainly has been a work in progress.

A few notes should be made about RU-

-We are going to run, run, run, run, run. Expect Ray to have over 30 carries for the game.

-Mike Teel has been dealing with a thumb injuries causing the ball to float on him a bit these last couple of games. Mike Teel, RU fans love him one minute and hate him the next. We are the typical NY/NJ crowd of fans and we are relentless when it comes to our team. Let me assure you, when Teel is on, he is unbelievable. Last Saturday we defeated the Cuse in the dome and although the Cuse is not a great team, I finally seen RU make a conscience effort to distribute the ball more evenly between the receivers, backs and tight ends.Teel's accuracy this year has been incredible and his WR corps well...

-Underwood, Britt and Tim Brown may be the best combination of receivers RU has ever produced. I am looking forward to the match up between them and your Defensive backfield because I feel that you guys have the best DB's in the Nation.

-Our undersized speedy defense has shown up enough to keep us in games, but their lack of penetration this year is causing our attacking style to be exposed. I expect you guys to attack us vertically because i suspect that we will be keeping a close on on Grothe and his ability to run the ball.

Just some notes and thought, man... Good Luck to the BULLS after you play Rutgers. I am expecting a close hard fought game as always. Everyone traveling to NJ, have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves at the game!

Peace...

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am hoping that Ford can get into a groove in this game.  RU's defense is even smaller than UNC's was.  Their receivers are playing better, but they also lost Leonard and Harris.  Leonard came up big for them a lot on 3rd downs the last couple of years. 

We can get some pressure on Teel.  We started blitizing for the first time this past weekend against UCF.  teel is a better QB than either of UCF's, but I believe we can come up with the scheme to stop them .  We have a lot of speed and talent. 

Like always, I feel pretty good about this game, but Rutgers still has big play ability and Rice is good so i am still nervous.

• Content Count:  98

I will let everyone know what the Orange Bowl committee has to say after the game Thursday. :)

• Content Count:  211

Here I am at 230am thinking about nothing but the bulls.  I can't sa yI'm only thinking RU right now, cuz when I saw the BCS rankings I think I had a mild seizure.  That said, I pray that RU comes in thinking they can win a big one and leaves feeling like there is no hope left in the world.  If we beat RU handily this week, I think it will be very tough for the pollsters to pretend that BC is still better than us.  OSU probably wins on Sat. but who cares.  I'd love to play OSU in the NT.  It would be the easiest match up all year and I would take serious pride over 2 Florida teams consecutively crushing their hopes and dreams.

• Content Count:  98

Hey BULLS!!

Congratulations on a great season thus far! Your team has earned the right to be rated as high as you are in the polls, so do not let the naysayers get you down.

Now on to the game. I fully expect your guys to come up with a game to pressure Teel into some uncomfortable situations. Although Rutgers has two all Big east performers on the O-Line, we are still are very young at that position and have had problems protecting Teel against Maryland and Cinci. George Selvie has become unstoppable this year and I fully expect him to get his. Some of you posted about Teel being a little erratic, but I must say I feel the same about Grothe. Grothe reminds me of Bret Farve because of his gutsy, heady play and like Bret Farve he to takes many chances that may hurt your team at time. Hopefully RU will be able to contain him in the pocket because its when he is out of the pocket where he becomes the most dangerous QB in college football. Your trademark on defense has been outstanding team speed and I am expecting it to be on full display in Piscataway on Thursday night.

As for Rutgers, I think the team has finally realized that last years season is just that, LAST YEAR. We are developing a new identity as a team and that certainly has been a work in progress.

A few notes should be made about RU-

-We are going to run, run, run, run, run. Expect Ray to have over 30 carries for the game.

-Mike Teel has been dealing with a thumb injuries causing the ball to float on him a bit these last couple of games. Mike Teel, RU fans love him one minute and hate him the next. We are the typical NY/NJ crowd of fans and we are relentless when it comes to our team. Let me assure you, when Teel is on, he is unbelievable. Last Saturday we defeated the Cuse in the dome and although the Cuse is not a great team, I finally seen RU make a conscience effort to distribute the ball more evenly between the receivers, backs and tight ends.Teel's accuracy this year has been incredible and his WR corps well...

-Underwood, Britt and Tim Brown may be the best combination of receivers RU has ever produced. I am looking forward to the match up between them and your Defensive backfield because I feel that you guys have the best DB's in the Nation.

-Our undersized speedy defense has shown up enough to keep us in games, but their lack of penetration this year is causing our attacking style to be exposed. I expect you guys to attack us vertically because i suspect that we will be keeping a close on on Grothe and his ability to run the ball.

Just some notes and thought, man... Good Luck to the BULLS after you play Rutgers. I am expecting a close hard fought game as always. Everyone traveling to NJ, have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves at the game!

Peace...

Wow finally a decent opposing fan who has a brain. I can't wish you luck for thursday, but want you guys in top 20 by end of year :). Should be a great game!!!

Archived