• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking Bread with Steve Duemig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Duemig haters are funny.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  635

I honestly think he doesn't know much about college football.

lol

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I know two things about Duemig:

1.  He doesn't know **** about college football

2.  He is a liar

I worked for the Lightning for two years and Duemig constantly was reporting things that were patently false, and he knew it.  He may be good at kissing your ass in person, but radio or not he is a dirty downright liar.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

From the sounds of his show on Friday, I believe he lost some money on our game yesterday.

• Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

Again, I'm always reminded of an old "Saturday Night Live" sketch called "Talk Back."

Buck Henry played a talk-radio host, Frank Noland, trying to entice listeners to call in to talk about municipal bonds. When no one bit, he offered up another topic: forced busing. When that didn't work, he upped the ante to "Soviet Communism - Let's Give It a Chance." Still nothing.

Frank becomes desperate:

"How 'bout this? 'Killing Puppies -- It Doesn't Bother Me' ... That's me, Frank Noland, and I LIKE dead puppies! Frankly, I'm totally in favor of using federally supported municipal bonds to pay for forced busing of Soviet Communists to come into your homes to kill your puppies! Give me a call, won't you? The lines are open. Tell ME what you think about it. [lights his cigarette, mumbles to himself] Dead, mangled puppies ... I like 'em ... Okay. While you're thinking about THOSE topics, here are a half a dozen others which I, Frank Noland, am personally in favor of. 'Adolf Hitler - Boy, Do We Need Him Now'! Huh? What about that? Hey, 'Incest - I Practice It, Why Don't You?' Give me a call. Talk to me about it. 'No Toilets for the Blind'? Call me! Call me, if you're watching!..."

His job isn't to be informative or to be a USF homer.  His job is to keep the phones ringing and to keep 620's advertising rates high.  Understand that, relax and don't listen if bothers you.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Best thing to do with this guy is just ignore him if he bothers you so much. To be honest by the time I get off of work the guy is never on b/c 620AM has a players show on every night during football season. I've switched my dial to 1010 for the drive home and hopefully Santa Claus will leave XM Radio under the tree this year ;^).

It's nice to have options, and at the end of the day its the listeners who drive the ratings by whom we choose to listen to on the dial.

Duemig knows gambling, hockey and golf. Everything else.....not so much.

• Content Count:  64

I know there's been a lot of threads on here bashing Duemig with people saying that they'll stop listening to him because he's bashing USF.  What I've learned to realize is that he may be one of our biggest proponents. 

You have to consider that most of his USF callers have only become Bull fans (or should I say flagwavers or bandwagoners...LOL) in the past month or so.  Duemig isn't as bad as some of you all put him, as the original poster has said.  I for one have not stopped listening, but I feel he's out there for us in Bulls Country.  He may play devils advocate once in a while, but hey thats why he's on the radio and we're not.

I challenge those of you who have given up on him to tune your radios in on Monday at 3:00 PM and listen to him from the realist perspective.

GO BULLS!!!  ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!

First of all I can't believe people are still on the "Big Dog" about the radio show, much less giving him an interrogation in a sports bar about it.  I totally agree with St. Leo, all these bandwagon fans have tarnished the overall reputation of the fans.  I never "seek" respect from anyone in the media for this team, I could care less.  If we take care of business on the field then what can anyone say?  The "Big Dog" doesn't really have any team affiliations all he really cares about is if they will cover the point spread for him.  Mark my words, if I repeat IF USF loses I guarantee the "Big Dog" will spend some time saying I told you so, and when all the bandwagon fans jump off the wagon and don't call to harass him he will say where are all the USF fans now?  I thought you guys were #2, now you lose and I don't hear a peep from you.  I personally like his show because he stirs the pot, and how he hangs up on callers is hilarious, then the callers try to find a way around whitney when they call again. 

Really though if we go undefeated, then who cares what anybody says.  Don't look for people to say how great we are, just enjoy the success.  There will be down times for this program eventually, and you will have to take a ton of trash talk the other way. 

• Content Count:  1,633

I love how all of "you people" that hate Duemig, still listen to him....

When retards call him and say, "Hey Big Dog, You're stupid!!", Of course he wont listen to what/if you had anything relevant to say and he is gonna blow up. That is Duemig. That's just how he is.

• Content Count:  10

He came through...Actually played a joke on "us" to start the show....We need the flow any way we can get it. Not sure if breaking bread helped any but I'm happy I ran into him Saturday after the game. Now let's go get Rutgers!!

aragingbullII

Tony Grier

Go Bulls!

www.aragingbull.com

PS: I met Jeff Wagner this past weekend. We are blessed to have him in "our" corner"

FINISH STRONG!!

Archived