• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alabama Radio Show

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

My parents live just north of Birmingham, in the heart of Tide country.  My dad has been a Tide fan...that is, until this week.  At first, he just became anti-Saban.  He's never really thought much of him anyway.  But Bull-bashing has become the new hobby in Tide country.  He has listened to Paul Finebaum's radio show (for those of you who don't know, he is like a god to the 'Bama fans) for the last two days.  Finebaum has taken every opportunity to degrade USF and anything affiliated with us.

Some of the things he has said (according to my father, not exact quotes):

Calling USF President Judy Genshaft AND Jim Leavitt total idiots and bold faced liars (supposedly they are lying...Leavitt was never offered the job with Alabama)

Likening USF to a junior college with absolutely no academic standards

Saying Leavitt is a moron, and that he acts like a fool on the sidelines

And the list goes on.  The problem is that most of the Alabama fans don't think for themselves.  They believe whatever they are told.  Every message board I have been on has been overwhelmingly anti-Saban in this matter (unless, of course, it is 'Bama fans).  Fans elsewhere think that Saban is a total idiot and give props to the Bulls AND Jim Leavitt.  But you aren't gonna change the minds of the Alabama fans.  Even if you shoved the contract that Leavitt keeps in his drawer in their faces, they would still refuse to believe it.  But wouldn't it be nice if Gameday or someone addressed it and actually SHOWED the contract on TV? 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Finebaum and Saban both have their heads up their asses.  Finebaum is lazy and an irresponsible journalist.  Pretty much in line with the lady that Mundy from OSU was going off about. Iif it makes them happy in Tuscaloosa, fantastic because outside of the state of Alabama, no one really cares what Finebaum's opinion is.  He's pretty much the story of the tree falling in the forest.  No one hears him and certainly no one cares.

Leavitt said the conversation was done.  Unlike other coaches we know, Leavitt is a man of his word.  You won't see the contract on TV or anywhere else.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think we should just let this go and move on.  If you wallow in the mud with the pigs you're going to get dirty yourself.

• Content Count:  21,044
  • Days Won:  38

It is widely known that Saban is a P.O.S. and he was called out in the national media for this.  If he won't apologize then we need to just move on because he is clearly out of his mind.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think we should just let this go and move on.  If you wallow in the mud with the pigs you're going to get dirty yourself.

OINK, OINK!   AGREED!

• Content Count:  16,362
  • Days Won:  43

The problem with Bama is they cant let it move on because USF has pretty much got the best out of them. They all know that Leavitt turned Bama down twice already which really puts them down in the dumps. Bama knows that Saban is a big fat liar. All we have to do is go back the that Miami Dolphin press conference in where he told everyone that he is staying in Miami only to have him run out to door to Tuscaloserville. I use to have some respect for the Bama program, but I have no respect for them at all. The way they handled the Mike Shula situation was classless at best. The way they went around USF's back to talk to Leavitt was pretty low too.  Bama should have been given the death penalty after they were caught cheating by paying for recruits. Bama nation will never find their glory days again because karma is a b*tch.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Having now read this initial post.... I now want to burn down the entire state of Alabama. Appreciate it.

Not all the state of Alabama have been bad. The high plains at AUBURN have been pretty classy, so it gives the Alabama something to be proud of unlike Tuscaloser.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

oh man.  Can't they just talk about teams in Alabama.  I hate now that all the Alabama fans just poke fun at other schools because were good and they are not.

The real reasons Bama fans cant help but be jealous of USF's success.

Jim Leavitt

Jamar Taylor

Mike Ford

Judy "ALABAMA, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!" Genshaft

#6 national ranking while Bama already has two losses.

If I were a Bama fan, I would be jealous of USF too right now. Go Bulls!!!!!

Archived