• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An observation about USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

I've been looking around and seeing what people are saying about USF, and it seems the general census is that USF will retain their #6 (or higher) ranking until the game @ Rutgers, at which point Rutgers will promptly obliterate USF into the next decade.  No real reason given, just that Rutgers will win, and then the next topic is brought up promptly so nobody has to explain the line of reasoning.

That said, the vibe I'm getting from fans and/or news publications is that these guys are almost praying USF loses to Rutgers, as a USF win over Rutgers solidifies USF are worthy of their #6 ranking and at that point in the season makes, by default, USF a national championship contender.  I'd go far as to say, I haven't seen anybody that thinks USF will win @ Rutgers that is not a fan/part of USF.

Was just curious if anybody else got that vibe.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  635

i haven't got that feeling at all. they wouldn't rank them #6 if they didn't think they deserved it. doesn't make much sense that they would vote them that high just so they could vote them down again.

BUT, being a Big East team, there is going to be some "doubt" in us simply because the rest of the teams aren't doing as well as last year. but they will do that with any team that's in a conference like ours, i.e. not the strongest. don't worry about it, if we keep winning, it's a moot point anyway.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Who has Rutgers played so far?

No one.

Rutgers is and has been a paper tiger...

They will be less of a challenge than UCiF.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Rutgers beat us last year and even though we lost it was still one of my favorite games of the year.  I hope this year we can take it to them!

• Content Count:  4,016

I've been looking around and seeing what people are saying about USF, and it seems the general census is that USF will retain their #6 (or higher) ranking until the game @ Rutgers, at which point Rutgers will promptly obliterate USF into the next decade.  No real reason given, just that Rutgers will win, and then the next topic is brought up promptly so nobody has to explain the line of reasoning.

That said, the vibe I'm getting from fans and/or news publications is that these guys are almost praying USF loses to Rutgers, as a USF win over Rutgers solidifies USF are worthy of their #6 ranking and at that point in the season makes, by default, USF a national championship contender.   I'd go far as to say, I haven't seen anybody that thinks USF will win @ Rutgers that is not a fan/part of USF.

Was just curious if anybody else got that vibe.

Ballboy....a little help when you hear this talk.

USF has already beaten Rutgers in New Jersey, 45-26, and we both had bowl teams that year.  Last year they came down with what seemingly was this top 10 team and worlds better then us and narrowly escaped with a 22-20 victory.

While I think Rutgers is an exception to the ole 'playing weak teams' argument, i still think if we win the next two that game will be nuts and the problem is we'll be coming off a short weak- play UCF that Saturday before....so it's not going to be an easy task, and Rutgers is very, very good.

But when you play good D it keeps you in all the contests and then anything can happen.

• Content Count:  86

S. Bien-

Ya know, I had totally forgot about the short week before the Rutgers game.  I'd wager the people who have been saying USF will lose @ Rutgers are most likely looking at the short week.  It'll be very interesting to see that game, as I'm sure Rutgers will be going crazy, but I also agree with everybody, if USF's D stays hungry and the offense can gel a tad bit more, we should be okay.

If anything, it gives us, what, 9 days to prep for Uconn after that as well?

They will be less of a challenge than UCiF.

This is how I feel as well. Every game is going to be stressful, but I think they are at least equal.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

Rutgers is on of many tough games left on our schedule

if we go undefeated, it will be one of the most amazing runs ever

• Content Count:  5,241

Unless its 20 degrees outside, I think we have a great shot at Rutgers especially since they cant even beat maryland.

• Content Count:  635

the Rutgers game will be brutal, i'm  not sure why anyone is thinking otherwise.

Archived