• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saban takes a shot at USF

LW

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Take it easy, BullsBlow.  We respect each other around here, no personal attacks.

How does a name like "BullsBlow" even get on here??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

How does a name like "BullsBlow" even get on here??

Maybe he is from Chicago.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  143

We beat Auburn and we get ridiculed by the Alabama coach that don't make no sense.

For the record someone involved with public education in the State of Alabama has no right to ever make derogatory statements about public schools in any other states.

• Content Count:  64

Last time I checked, USF's admission standards were the 2nd most difficult among the public unviersity's in the state of Florida.

This is where a lot of you don't get it.  There are posted standards, and standards for "big time athletes", a lot of schools do it, and the reason is because a lot of the money generated from having a big time football program pays scholarships for other students.  Why do you think Spurrier got pissed at South Carolina Admissions?  He told two kids that committed to SC that they were in, and admissions denied their admission making Spurrier look like an idiot.  He did this at Florida for years, I played HS  football and a little bit of college ball, and if a school really wants you they will find a way to get you in depending on how much pull the coach and AD have.  Look at Notre Dame when they were good, how did they get all these good players who didn't meet the standards through the door? 

Leavitt decided to fast track the program, by taking "troubled" players who were highly recruited, but the traditional powers had too much baggage and didn't want to touch these kids, we not having any type of reputation at the time took them in, and all the other things that could potentially come with it.  I think it was a smart move, but I don't sit here and deny that we chose the "less accepted" way of building a program, no one seems to care much now with all the success.  It will all come out when we struggle thorough a few losing seasons (I hope not), and that is typically when all the bad information starts to surface, winning is the cure all.

• Content Count:  1,260

Last time I checked, USF's admission standards were the 2nd most difficult among the public unviersity's in the state of Florida.

This is where a lot of you don't get it.  There are posted standards, and standards for "big time athletes", a lot of schools do it, and the reason is because a lot of the money generated from having a big time football program pays scholarships for other students.  Why do you think Spurrier got pissed at South Carolina Admissions?  He told two kids that committed to SC that they were in, and admissions denied their admission making Spurrier look like an idiot.  He did this at Florida for years, I played HS  football and a little bit of college ball, and if a school really wants you they will find a way to get you in depending on how much pull the coach and AD have.  Look at Notre Dame when they were good, how did they get all these good players who didn't meet the standards through the door? 

Guess we didn't want Leslie Stirrups and Claude Davis bad enough....  Hope we try harder with the next class  ::)

• Content Count:  64

Guess we didn't want Leslie Stirrups and Claude Davis bad enough....  Hope we try harder with the next class  ::)

You are correct there are players that we won't take a risk on as well, it's a case by case basis.  Just look at Woody Williams, kicked out of UF, accepted at Miami, Kicked out of Miami, accepted at Louisville, kicked out of Louisville last week.  He already had 12 crimes on his rap sheet when he went to Florida!!!  Randy Moss, kicked out of Notre Dame, gets into FSU, kicked out of FSU, ends up at Marshall.  There are examples all over the place, a lot of these kids go to Juco's behave while they are there and come to USF, FSU, etc.. through that route.  Saban does the same thing, he was being stupid.

• Content Count:  134

We beat Auburn and we get ridiculed by the Alabama coach that don't make no sense.

For the record someone involved with public education in the State of Alabama has no right to ever make derogatory statements about public schools in any other states.

I know, thank god for Mississippi public schools!

• Content Count:  936

I just now read this article... what a bunch of ********.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Wise old proverb;

YOU CAN TELL THE RESPECT OF YOUR ENEMY BY THE SIZE OF HIS GUN.

Saban's a whiny a$$ loser and I forgot my caps.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Archived