• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saban takes a shot at USF

LW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

Last time I checked, USF's admission standards were the 2nd most difficult among the public unviersity's in the state of Florida.

If you dont think that Admission standards are different for Football players you are a moron.  I remeber seeing in a artical last week about Grothe in his Human Sexuality Class.  Last time I checked that class was one you took in high school. 

LOL...dude...Human Sex Class rocks!  That was a GPA booster for me when I didn't want to take anything too **** hard over there on that side of campus.  I had my plate full with other classes that demanded my time.  And we're talking back in the late 80's.

I was actually thinking Grothe was smart taking that class...especially during his 'playing time' semester...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/saban-takes-subtle-shot-at-usf/

Alabama coach Nick Saban released RB Jamar Taylor from his scholarship so he could transfer to USF, but Saban had this to say in Tuesday’s Birmingham News about USF’s overnight rise to No. 6 in the AP Poll.

“The distribution of players is not the same for everybody,†Saban said. “There’s a significant amount of players who don’t qualify (at some schools) and they end up being pretty good players at some other schools. I think there are six guys starting on South Florida’s defense who probably could have gone to Florida or Florida State but Florida and Florida State couldn’t take them. And if you do a good job of recruiting that way ...â€Â

Saban wouldn’t elaborate any further.

I guess when you've lost two ball games in a row, you want to talk about anything other than your own program. Hey, by the way Nick, Leavitt could have had your job if he wanted it :)

SABAN IS A LYING PHONEY

usf must be doing a good job recruiting that way

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

be ready fellas

big boys will be taking shots at usf,the #6 team in usa

the new media darlings

• Content Count:  549

Good grief.  If anybody in the SEC says word-one about lax academics, it's really not even worth laughing in their face.  I wonder what kind of classes Alabama football players take?  Hmmm.  You think they're anything like the ones Auburn has their players taking(and getting probation for)?

• Content Count:  549

be ready fellas

big boys will be taking shots at usf,the #6 team in usa

the new media darlings

You're absolutely right, smazza.  Now that USF is viewed as a threat, you're going to find out just how tight the good ol' boys are.

Louisville took a lot of criticism last year all the way up to the WVU win.  But once they won that game, and it looked like they would go undefeated, it became a roar and everybody tried to tear them apart.

• Content Count:  1,981

Didn't mean to mention Selvie. I had thought he was a close qualifier.

Anyways, I think people are really taking this out of context.

Are you ok? How can you not see how bad this is? Would you ever see Leavitt saying that about another program? There was no need for his comment.

• Content Count:  1,066

Last time I checked, USF's admission standards were the 2nd most difficult among the public unviersity's in the state of Florida.

If you dont think that Admission standards are different for Football players you are a moron.  I remeber seeing in a artical last week about Grothe in his Human Sexuality Class.  Last time I checked that class was one you took in high school. 

Yeah chill out skank, I took that class as a freshman.  Great class.

That class is tough too; especially with Dr. El Radi.  It's not what you think by the title....Basic genetics, every single stage of gestation, and A&P.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't mean to mention Selvie. I had thought he was a close qualifier.

Mr Duemig, is that you?  ;)

• Content Count:  104

Alabama coach Nick Saban released RB Jamar Taylor from his scholarship so he could transfer to USF, but Saban had this to say in Tuesday’s Birmingham News about USF’s overnight rise to No. 6 in the AP Poll.

“The distribution of players is not the same for everybody,†Saban said. “There’s a significant amount of players who don’t qualify (at some schools) and they end up being pretty good players at some other schools. I think there are six guys starting on South Florida’s defense who probably could have gone to Florida or Florida State but Florida and Florida State couldn’t take them. And if you do a good job of recruiting that way ...â€Â

Saban wouldn’t elaborate any further.

I know that WE are South Florida, but I wonder if Saban just miss spoke and was really trying to take a jab at the "U" without mentioning their name.  Since he was speaking, and not writing, are we sure that that "S" in "south" was capitalized?  Perhaps he mean south Florida.  That just seems to make more sense since the SEC accepts non-qualifiers and the Big East does not (not sure whether the ACC does).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,580
  • Days Won:  29

Saban is a racist.

Archived