• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Saban takes a shot at USF

LW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

Saban is a douchebag. He was taking a shot at USF by comparing "us" to "them" (UF, FSU, and UM). Alabama isn't exactly known for it's academic prestige. And I find those comments quite repulsive coming from the lowest scum of the scum. Saban is saying that we have to lower our academic standards to compete in the Big East which is not true. I'm sure UA wasn't going to turn down Mike Ford had he not picked the right school. His team seem to jump pretty high after beating the likes of Western Carolina, Vandy, and Arkansas. I guess losing to an inept FSU team has him all fustrated. Let's schedule UA. I bet the score won't say 40-17 like it did 4 years ago.

I digress.....This guy is the proverbial car salesman of college football. I witnessed Saban's low-ball techniques while living in the once great state of Michigan. He was building something special at MSU and literally, in the middle of the night, he left. What’s funny about this situation and it also speaks to Saban’s character is that only two of his assistants followed him down to LSU. This douchebag left with 3 games to go on MSU’s schedule! It’s just a matter of time before he does UA the same way.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,911

How is that taking a shot? It's somewhat true...Mike Ford...

USF has built a team on players that some schools didn't want to risk and recruit because of the potential to not qualify.

people have ***** on here about the number of nonqualifers we've had, but those that have made the team seem to work out...Selvie

Lets clear one thing up here, Joe. USF does not take nonqualifiers. The Big East does not allow it.

If you come to USF, you must qualify. It does take some kids longer than others, but all that matters is that they got the job done.

Also, Selvie was not one of those kids.

• Content Count:  12,293

saben doesnt know what he is talking about.  like someone already pointed out, we had 2 players this season who were cleared by NCAAs but not by USF.  fact of the matter, if kids come into this university and go to class, get the grades, and contribute WHO CARES what saben says

• Content Count:  403

Dear Nick Saban,

Notre Dame already uses that excuse when they lose.  Please think of something more creative.

P.S.  I thought you told the Dolphins that you weren't leaving.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Kyle. Where have I said nonqualifiers? Read it. Potential NQs.

And yes we have taken quite a few. Schools like FSU and Florida are less likely to risk losing one of their 20 or so scholarships to take a flyer on a guy who is borderline on qualifying.

That is why Devine is at WVU. That is why Ford came here.

It's how we've built a lot of this program and it's not a bad thing.

I have never said we take NQs, we can't let them play. We do take risks and sometimes they work  and sometimes they don't (Leslie Stirrups)

However without taking thee flyers we wouldn't be ranked 6th in the country.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Ford is at USF because Shula got fired at Alabama.

There was a story about how Shula was always positive with him, really wanted to see him succeed and get to Bama. Ford was loyal to Shula, and had every intention of going there to play for him. After Shula was fired, he decided to go elsewhere, and since Amarri Jackson is his cousin, USF had an in.

It had nothing to do with USF's achedemic standards or anything else. When Ford qualified, he would have been accepted to Alabama.

Why are we even acknowleging what Nicky-the-liar is saying? Haven't we been hearing this same BS from UCiF for the last 3 years?

By the way, there was an article last week about how UCFs GPA is falling.

• Content Count:  1,812

Kyle. Where have I said nonqualifiers? Read it. Potential NQs.

And yes we have taken quite a few. Schools like FSU and Florida are less likely to risk losing one of their 20 or so scholarships to take a flyer on a guy who is borderline on qualifying.

That is why Devine is at WVU. That is why Ford came here.

It's how we've built a lot of this program and it's not a bad thing.

I have never said we take NQs, we can't let them play. We do take risks and sometimes they work  and sometimes they don't (Leslie Stirrups)

However without taking thee flyers we wouldn't be ranked 6th in the country.

Exactly what Orlando bull said before I could. Ford was offered at Bama and after Shula left he came to USF; it has nothing to do with potential to QF or anything else. This is typical Saban taking a shot a another program and he is a snake for the word go

• Content Count:  4,642

lame

Guest BullsBlow

Last time I checked, USF's admission standards were the 2nd most difficult among the public unviersity's in the state of Florida.

If you dont think that Admission standards are different for Football players you are a moron.  I remeber seeing in a artical last week about Grothe in his Human Sexuality Class.  Last time I checked that class was one you took in high school. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Last time I checked, USF's admission standards were the 2nd most difficult among the public unviersity's in the state of Florida.

If you dont think that Admission standards are different for Football players you are a moron.  I remeber seeing in a artical last week about Grothe in his Human Sexuality Class.  Last time I checked that class was one you took in high school. 

Actually alot of students take it as a social science credit.  Pretty sure its also required in most social science majors. 

Archived