• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Thomas would be proud

John

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

For a "community with no unity," Chris Thomas would be proud to see how this community has ralied around their local college.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I have always thought that Chris would have been at the forefront of all the media personalities to cover and follow USF football, especially over the past few years when the other "big-name" tv and radio personalities either brushed USF talk off or discounted it all together.  I really miss listening to that guy every morning.......no offense to Ron and Ian, but they couldn't hold Thomas' jock. 

• Content Count:  866

And he'd be protecting his unit on the green and gold I'm sure. 

The CITS will be rocking tonight, wish he would be there to see it. 

My best Chris Thomas memory are him and Jack Harris calling the Outback Bowl every Jan. 1, still mildly trashed from the night before.  You could have no vested interest in the two teams playing, and yet it was always one of the most entertaining broadcasts of the year.  He left us too soon for sure. 

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

And he'd be protecting his unit on the green and gold I'm sure. 

The CITS will be rocking tonight, wish he would be there to see it. 

My best Chris Thomas memory are him and Jack Harris calling the Outback Bowl every Jan. 1, still mildly trashed from the night before.  You could have no vested interest in the two teams playing, and yet it was always one of the most entertaining broadcasts of the year.  He left us too soon for sure. 

I remember one year Chris had a vested interest in one of the teams.  2002 when the South Carolina Game Chickens beat the Ohio St. Buckeyes.  And you're right, you could tell both of those guys were probably still loaded from the night before.

• Content Count:  178

If Chris Thomas was alive today at least we would know the true point spread on the game!

• Content Count:  1,528

there will never be another like Chris. Would love to hear his thoughts on the growth of this program to today.

• Content Count:  594

It's a shame that Chris Thomas has been replaced be someone as anti-USF as Duemig. Did anyone hear him yesterday? He had all of his facts wrong, people were calling in to correct him and tell him he needed a media guide, and he called them idiots and insisted he was right.

How he is on the major news station in a top 20 market is beyond me. It certainly reflects poorly on our area if he's as popular as the Arbitron books would suggest.

Archived