• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Thomas would be proud

John

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

My best Chris Thomas memory are him and Jack Harris calling the Outback Bowl every Jan. 1, still mildly trashed from the night before.  You could have no vested interest in the two teams playing, and yet it was always one of the most entertaining broadcasts of the year.  He left us too soon for sure.

Maybe Jack Harris should do all his game calling mildly trashed .... My biggest fear is him getting put on Bulls broadcasts somehow..... Ironically, isn't he from West Virginia??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

It's a shame that Chris Thomas has been replaced be someone as anti-USF as Duemig.

Actually, Ron and Ian took over for Chris ....

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

It's a shame that Chris Thomas has been replaced be someone as anti-USF as Duemig. Did anyone hear him yesterday? He had all of his facts wrong, people were calling in to correct him and tell him he needed a media guide, and he called them idiots and insisted he was right.

How he is on the major news station in a top 20 market is beyond me. It certainly reflects poorly on our area if he's as popular as the Arbitron books would suggest.

Duemig didn't replace Thomas...Duemig has been in that time slot throughout. I agree, it is a shame that the Dumb Dog gets the ratings that he does. I have never listened to a more unprepared, ignorant broadcaster in my life. Yeah, people will argue that he's the one that wins because people still listen...that's true, but it doesn't change the fact that he is terrible on the radio.

You can put me up there as one of the big Chris Thomas fans. I can listen to what the broadcast would be like right now.

Chris: "Raymond James is sold out for the upcoming Bulls game"

Sound effect: "YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

That sound bite used to make me laugh every time...

• Content Count:  145

Howdy Pah-ta-ner!

I'm another of the big Chris Thomas fans and miss his antics on the radio and tv. 

Maybe we can get an update from Clevis of Clovis...

And the Chickens will mourn...

Chris would definitely be proud of this community and I believe he would be dissappointed in his old buddy Duemig.

• Content Count:  356

HUGE CT Fan - plus the assorted sound effects (Clevis was always a favorite, along with Yellow Dog).  Heard Duemig yesterday, and counted at least three major errors (loved the "my sources say this guy is a JuCo transfer"..."I don't need a media guide"). Total a$$. The caller who called him on it was dead on - hence Duemig dropping him as an idiot.  Duemig's defense of "I have to be able to talk about 119 different schools" is a joke...he clearly struggled, and was not comfortable with the subject - even at one point admitting something to the effect of "USF is not one of my favorites"...My only problem with the caller was that at one point, he said something about "how about a little support"...we don't need Duemig's support at this point      

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

I miss Chris!! The only bad thing he ever said about USF was regarding the new Iconic U. He said that USF dropped the ball on our new logos and sheild. I wonder if it ever grew on him like it did for me. He was an radio icon that has been sorely missed.......

As Clovus would say......... WIGGIE WIGGIE! LOL!

• Content Count:  118

I started this with the idea that this community does show unity when it has something to rally around.  And, I agree that he would be disappointed in Duemig.  Regardless if Duemig believes we are going lose, his refusal to promote "unity for this community" and rally around USF, would disappoint his buddy, Chris.  Again, that is in my opinion.

That being said, personally, I was HUGE Chris Thomas fan and would listen to his show, here, in Orlando.  My favorite Chris Thomas moment was the day after the Bucs beat the Eagles to go to the Superbowl.  Cleavis said "Wiggie.  Wiggie."  And, Chris replied, "Yes, Cleavis, it's a 'wiggie wiggie' day."

• Content Count:  153

My favorite Chris Thomas moment was the day after the Bucs beat the Eagles to go to the Superbowl.  Cleavis said "Wiggie.  Wiggie."  And, Chris replied, "Yes, Cleavis, it's a 'wiggie wiggie' day."

I got misty reading that.  I miss him a ton.  He was a good man.

• Content Count:  118

I can't resist...

After we win tonight, tomorrow will feel like a "wiggie wiggie" day, too.

Archived