• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Thomas would be proud

John

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

I could never listen to him, the throat dried out smokers voice was very unappealing to me.

Either way, Ron and Ian did a great job supporting the bulls this week so i dont think it would of effected our coverage too much.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  635

It's a shame that Chris Thomas has been replaced be someone as anti-USF as Duemig. Did anyone hear him yesterday? He had all of his facts wrong, people were calling in to correct him and tell him he needed a media guide, and he called them idiots and insisted he was right.

How he is on the major news station in a top 20 market is beyond me. It certainly reflects poorly on our area if he's as popular as the Arbitron books would suggest.

Duemig didn't replace Thomas...Duemig has been in that time slot throughout. I agree, it is a shame that the Dumb Dog gets the ratings that he does. I have never listened to a more unprepared, ignorant broadcaster in my life. Yeah, people will argue that he's the one that wins because people still listen...that's true, but it doesn't change the fact that he is terrible on the radio.

You can put me up there as one of the big Chris Thomas fans. I can listen to what the broadcast would be like right now.

Chris: "Raymond James is sold out for the upcoming Bulls game"

Sound effect: "YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

That sound bite used to make me laugh every time...

i disagree about Duemig being unprepared. he's always very prepared for his shows. he just chooses to ignore a lot of things because he's a passionate sports fan, and he's the kind of guy that if you're on his side, you'll think he's the greatest radio show host of all time, and when you're not on his side, he's an idiot and should be fired immediately.

i like Duemig, generally. he knows what he's talking about in a lot of areas. just not USF, for whatever reason, and it's a shame. i imagine all of his attitude has to do with Leavitt, as he doesn't like the guy. especially when he had the whole no-media thing.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

i disagree about Duemig being unprepared. he's always very prepared for his shows. he just chooses to ignore a lot of things because he's a passionate sports fan, and he's the kind of guy that if you're on his side, you'll think he's the greatest radio show host of all time, and when you're not on his side, he's an idiot and should be fired immediately.

i like Duemig, generally. he knows what he's talking about in a lot of areas. just not USF, for whatever reason, and it's a shame. i imagine all of his attitude has to do with Leavitt, as he doesn't like the guy. especially when he had the whole no-media thing.

I disagree with your bolded statement.

Even when I agreed with him about thue Bucs, Rays, Lightning, etc., I still thought he was an idiot and should have been fired immediately.

Someone being a complete moron & jerk does not change just because I agree with him on some things.

• Content Count:  635

well people will tune in when he's a jerk. i love it, personally. i haven't really found him to be a moron, though. i just think he has huge biases, like a common fan.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

I have always thought that Chris would have been at the forefront of all the media personalities to cover and follow USF football, especially over the past few years when the other "big-name" tv and radio personalities either brushed USF talk off or discounted it all together.  I really miss listening to that guy every morning.......no offense to Ron and Ian, but they couldn't hold Thomas' jock. 

No doubt.  He was the only one (not working the USF games or coach's show) who touted the job Leavitt was doing way back in the 1AA days.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

It's a shame that Chris Thomas has been replaced be someone as anti-USF as Duemig. Did anyone hear him yesterday? He had all of his facts wrong, people were calling in to correct him and tell him he needed a media guide, and he called them idiots and insisted he was right.

How he is on the major news station in a top 20 market is beyond me. It certainly reflects poorly on our area if he's as popular as the Arbitron books would suggest.

Duemig didn't replace Thomas...Duemig has been in that time slot throughout. I agree, it is a shame that the Dumb Dog gets the ratings that he does. I have never listened to a more unprepared, ignorant broadcaster in my life. Yeah, people will argue that he's the one that wins because people still listen...that's true, but it doesn't change the fact that he is terrible on the radio.

You can put me up there as one of the big Chris Thomas fans. I can listen to what the broadcast would be like right now.

Chris: "Raymond James is sold out for the upcoming Bulls game"

Sound effect: "YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

That sound bite used to make me laugh every time...

Wake up.  Douchebag ignored USF long before Coach's media fallout.

Archived