• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Suntrust building will have green lights afterall

jd77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

My wife said she heard it from the guy that owns the mini store in the building.  Apparently the guy who was working on the roof came into his store and told him.

Very cool.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,981

Now we need to call ESPN and have them point a camera at the building.

exactly.........how do we do that??

Isn't the ESPN production company still down here?   I am sure somebody from the Athletics has their number.

So somebody needs to call Athletics so they can call ESPN.  Some people put a lot of effort into this and I would hate for ESPN not to take a single shot of the building.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The power of the Bulls are sweeping Tampa Bay, ya can't keep these Steers down !!!  now on to St.Pete, Clearwater, and Sarasota.   THINK GREEN

I read this and thought "St.Pete, Clearwater, and Sarasota AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH"

No offense jd77... but can we get a secondary confirmation on this?

None taken.  I asked my wife the same thing.  She said the guy who owns the mini store in the building told her the guy who was actually doing the work was in the store telling him about it.  That is all the confirmation I have right now.  Someone from Suntrust or Wind Properties needs to contact the papers, the local news, and ESPN to let them know.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

well, if they are changing the bulbs or bulb covers now.... won't it be green tonight? Won't it be green tomorrow?

• Content Count:  12,293

September 26, 2007

Tampa skyline will be green and gold

Special USF colors for Tampa's skyline will get the green light for Friday night after all.

As No. 18 USF plays host to No. 5 West Virginia before a national ESPN2 audience Friday night, the 36-story SunTrust Financial Centre in downtown Tampa will be illuminated in USF's school colors of green and gold, an official for the company that manages the building confirmed Wednesday.

"We're good community partners and we want to be able to participate in a positive manner," said Nancy Brusher, vice president of marketing for Stiles Corporation, which owns the building. "It's a good thing for the building, a good thing for the college and good for us as well."

An assistant to the property manager had told the Times on Tuesday that the request for special colored gels came in too late for the building to display USF's colors. Brusher said a decision wasn't made until Wednesday, with the gels being flown in from New York and expected to arrive Thursday. Brusher said the cost of the lights, said Tuesday to be approximately $4,000, would be incurred by Fort Lauderdale-based Stiles Corporation.

Posted by Greg Auman at 5:39:43 PM on September 26, 2007 |

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Content Count:  1,066

Now we need to call ESPN and have them point a camera at the building.

exactly.........how do we do that??

Isn't the ESPN production company still down here?   I am sure somebody from the Athletics has their number.

So somebody needs to call Athletics so they can call ESPN.  Some people put a lot of effort into this and I would hate for ESPN not to take a single shot of the building.

Here's a start...

ESPN-TV/ABC Sports

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

Espn

321 Burlington Ave

Bristol, CT 06010

(860) 585-7829

Espn

5 Lincoln Ave Apt O

Bristol, CT 06010

(860) 585-9375

Espn Incorporated

899 Middle St

Bristol, CT 06010

(860) 641-8800

ESPN Plaza

220 Ronzo

Bristol, CT 06010

(860) 585-7497

Tampa skyline will be green and gold

Special USF colors for Tampa's skyline will get the green light for Friday night after all.

As No. 18 USF plays host to No. 5 West Virginia before a national ESPN2 audience Friday night, the 36-story SunTrust Financial Centre in downtown Tampa will be illuminated in USF's school colors of green and gold, an official for the company that manages the building confirmed Wednesday.

"We're good community partners and we want to be able to participate in a positive manner," said Nancy Brusher, vice president of marketing for Stiles Corporation, which owns the building. "It's a good thing for the building, a good thing for the college and good for us as well."

An assistant to the property manager had told the Times on Tuesday that the request for special colored gels came in too late for the building to display USF's colors. Brusher said a decision wasn't made until Wednesday, with the gels being flown in from New York and expected to arrive Thursday. Brusher said the cost of the lights, said Tuesday to be approximately $4,000, would be incurred by Fort Lauderdale-based Stiles Corporation.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

Archived