• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did she get paid to mention Bucs stadium.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks ESPN for sending these 2 clowns. Ray Bentley said that USF a commuter school. I hope that we don't get embarrassed by next weeks commentators.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I was getting tired of them mentioning "Buccaneer Stadium" (as it was called more than once) as well, but as far as USF being a commuter school--it is. So are any number of other major universities throughout the US, however. The problem isn't that we're a commuter school, it's the stigma on the term.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks ESPN for sending these 2 clowns. Ray Bentley said that USF a commuter school. I hope that we don't get embarrassed by next weeks commentators.

Pam sucks.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Yeah....

Anybody have any ideas on how we can stop all these national TV announcers from talking about how we don't play in our own stadium, and how that contributes to the "Commuter School" image?

Anyone??  Anyone??

I can't think of any solution to that.

Hmmmmmm......... ???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah....

Anybody have any ideas on how we can stop all these national TV announcers from talking about how we don't play in our own stadium, and how that contributes to the "Commuter School" image?

Anyone??  Anyone??

Hmmmmmm......... ???

What's funny is that as we were leaving RayJay today a small group of our fans were lightly taunting some UNC fans leaving, which I don't condone but what I heard wasn't that bad. What was the Tarheels fan retort? "Why don't y'all get your own stadium?"  My first thought was what a loser ..... The dots are there to be connected.    8)

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah....

Anyone??  Anyone??

Hmmmmmm......... ???

What's funny is that as we were leaving RayJay today a small group of our fans were lightly taunting some UNC fans leaving, which I don't condone but what I heard wasn't that bad. What was the Tarheels fan retort? "Why don't y'all get your own stadium?"  My first thought was what a loser ..... The dots are there to be connected.    8)

im shocked the tarheel fan didnt mention something about their basketball team

• Content Count:  635

people see negativity in everything.

first of all, we DO play in the Bucs' stadium. it was never mentioned as a negative thing, it was just mentioned. nothing wrong with that.

secondly, Bentley said something along the lines of "USF used to be known as just a commuter school, now they're known for football, too." see, it's a positive.

but if it pumps you up to think the national media disrespects the school and team then....okay

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah....

Anyone??  Anyone??

Hmmmmmm......... ???

im shocked the tarheel fan didnt mention something about their basketball team

A smart UNC fan would have done that but apparently only losers are fixated on stadium issues.  ::)

• Content Count:  154

I thought the announcers did a solid job. If you actually watched the game and paid attention to what they were saying, ESPN went all out for USF. They even showed a picture of the old trailers from the first year of scrimmage in '96 and talked about how much progress has been made since then. I did think it was funny when Bentley said someone confused him for Jim Leavitt at the mall earlier in the week. They look NOTHING alike! I guess it goes to show what the average fan thinks he looks like - very sad.

Next week we get Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman on the call. It should be an awesome game and I plan to be there rooting on the Bulls!!

• Content Count:  12,293

they said we use to be a commuter school but now had a bunch of full dorms on campus and "things look great on campus"

Archived