• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shirts at Bulls/Bucs Heaven

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

I think this shirt would hinder my new desire to be an ambassador to our guests from other universities.

"Thank you for coming to Tampa, I just hope we have a good game. Would you like to join our tailgate party? Oh, by the way I think you are a dumb couch burning hillbilly."

Does not seem to flow very well :( Too bad they did not have these shirts when I was trying to do my best impersonation of a soccer hooligan ;D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It doesn't seem very original.  There's no reference to USF.  They probably made the same shirt in a variety of colors so that the could be sold at any school.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think that tailgating shirt is stupid.

i am all for tailgating...anyone who meets me on gamedays knows that...but its almost like "well we might not beat you on the field but we can out drink you"

id rather wear a shirt that had a little more confidence in our football team.

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I'm not sure I can reconcile the desire for a shirt like this against what I've read in other threads about being the the kind of fans that can root for your own team with denigrating others, especially conference brothers.

This is the opposite direction of where I'd like to see our fan base going.  The 'Beat WVU' is fine, but the 'hillbilly' crack is uncalled for.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,392
  • Days Won:  10

I'm not sure I can reconcile the desire for a shirt like this against what I've read in other threads about being the the kind of fans that can root for your own team with denigrating others, especially conference brothers.

This is the opposite direction of where I'd like to see our fan base going.  The 'Beat WVU' is fine, but the 'hillbilly' crack is uncalled for.

I'm with you.  I want people to talk about what a great football team and fans we have.  A person can be tough and nice at the same time.  It's no federal crime, it is funny -- but at the expense of others.  Not my kind of funny, I guess.

But some people like to call the mothers of other team's players whores, so go figure. ::)

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

:-\ I agree with the majority on this.  That shirt is not very conducive to representing class.  The old saying goes, "It takes one to know one" and I am not one and woullnd't be caught dead in that shirt.

• Content Count:  17

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with those against the hillbilly shirt.  Some may say, "Lighten up", but c'mon, do we really even have to go in that direction?

• Content Count:  1,981

I don't like the shirt either. Is not even original, they hear the same thing everywhere they go.

Archived