• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Problems and potential problems with the ticket system.

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

A couple more potential problems have come to light in other threads:

1) "Counterfeit" wristbands.  Can someone verify for me if the wristbands have any kind of text or logo making them unique?  The wristbands appear to be identical or extremely close to wristbands you can purchase online.

2) On a similar note, selling wristbands/student tickets.  SInce we can now enter at any gate, are they still scanning USF ID's for people with wristbands?  If not, this leaves a perfect opportunity for people to  sell tickets and make some money off the WVU game.

1. No logo or game date on it.

2. I was told I would need the wristband, ticket, and ID to get into the game.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,254

OK time for 2 cents...

First off this is a terrible quick solution the brainiacs at the Athletic office came up with. My first thought was the people who are going to get the band and ticket, then decide noon is too early for them to get up. Or that they get called into work and cannot end up going. Just like any other ticket sale, you have number of tickets sold and number who actually show up.

As for the problem with wearing the bands all week...All I did was snap it lightly so it wouldn't completely lock and once I got to the car it popped off easily. All my girlfriend did was put it on loose enough to slide it off her hand. Come one guys, are you really going to let these fools outwit you?

Thirdly, this whole companion situation is going to be really bad if there is no distinguishing feature in the ticket. Now what my friend told me was that the companion ticket looks the student tickets we usually receive, and he bought one because his brother comes to all the games with us. They told him the same thing about as long as he's with him. So I hope the 4,000 remaining tickets look the same as this white with aqua color on it.

I honestly think this is just a test for next week. Don't be surprised if this procedure doesn't work how they wanted and everything gets changed for WVU. I think we should do a lottery like all the other schools, or do something with seniority (more credits=greater chance of tickets). I am happy the student body is showing an interest, but it is disappointing they the team is getting love now they are ranked. All of a sudden these Gator and Nole fans have been Bulls all along.

• Content Count:  1,633

1. No logo or game date on it.

Students need the ID, the wristband and the ticket. Not the companion. They just need their student ticket.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

AHH, now THAT would prevent fraud.  But why even bother with the wristband too?  Shouldn't the ticket be enough?

• Content Count:  9,038

lol this is getty messier and messier!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

This is so awesome that we even have the opportunity to be discussing and complaining about this stuff.  #23 and climbing!  Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  1,479

AHH, now THAT would prevent fraud.  But why even bother with the wristband too?  Shouldn't the ticket be enough?

From my understanding, the wristband is for which student section you will be in. The first 8,000 will get green wristbands meaning that they are guranteed in the lower bowl end zone section, and after that the 4,000 will get gold wristbands for the upper deck student section. 

• Content Count:  1,180

That is correct. Once the 8,000 'green-wristbands' are sold, the normal student section is sold out. Everybody without a GREEN wristband will have to sit in the nosebleed section. What I say is make each endzone a student section. 16,000 spots for students, and we wont have to worry about the stupid wrist bands! Simply my $1.00-$0.98...

• Content Count:  1,165

ALright, I just picked up my wristband. I can update you guys a little but.

It's not exactly the same as the online wristband (no little wavey area), but it is very very similar, and will pass without a doubt. There or no text or logos setting it apart.

The IDs are scanned and the official there said it will only allow one ticket for ID, which is good.

He could not give me any information on wristbands (colors, etc) for future games

• Content Count:  1,165

That is correct. Once the 8,000 'green-wristbands' are sold, the normal student section is sold out. Everybody without a GREEN wristband will have to sit in the nosebleed section. What I say is make each endzone a student section. 16,000 spots for students, and we wont have to worry about the stupid wrist bands! Simply my $1.00-$0.98...

I imagine those who bought tickets behind the endzone would be slightly mad to be forced to have to go to the upper bowl, wouldnt you think?

In future years, I agree to make both end zones student section, or extend the current student section down the sidelines a bit

Archived