• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Problems and potential problems with the ticket system.

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Heres the link to the wristbands that tehy are giving out, and that I am currently wearing:

http://www.cheapwristbands.com/holo.htm

Also, when I purchased my companion ticket today, they did not give me a wristband. I jsut recieved the one wristband, for myself.

Yeah my companion didnt get a wrist band either, that better not be a problem.

As for the wrist bands, its quite possibly the stupidest thing usf athletics has ever done. What the hell were they thinking when they decided that students should have to wear some cheap itchy wristband for days before a game. Not even just the problem with a lot of jobs not allowing it for appearance, what about showering with it on all week before the WVU game? Also, for those with science majors, you cant wear these things into the labs, so do you just have to not go to the games or skip your class? So stupid.

There is nothing on the wrist bands to distinguish themselves from anything, its just a cheap generic wrist band. I am honestly in disbelief that they would make you put the thing on in front of them. Such overkill. If they are checking your student ID at the door anyway theres absolutely no reason to worry about someone selling a student ticket, because whoever i sold it to would also have to have a student id card, and if thats the case, they could get a free ticket anyway. This whole thing really pisses me off.

Considering the WVU tickets for students start at 6am monday, if i didnt have to miss this game for a wedding anyway, i definitly wouldnt be going considering the wrist band issue. They better get this fixed before the UCF game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

The companion tickets are different from the general student tickets that are given out by getting in line at the Sundome.  At the stadium companions don't need to be walking up the their student counterpart to get into the lower bowl sections.  As long as there are seats the companions can sit where they want.  The will not get/need wristbands and as far as I know they are deducted from the 8000 total seats for the lower bowl that are given out.  Also, the people who have already purchased "student section season tickets" are guaranteed a seat in the lower bowl as well and have already been deducted from the 8000 total seats given out in the lower bowl.  The purpose of the wrist bands is because all of the student tickets look the same.  So once in the stadium, if you have a student ticket and a wrist band, have a companion tickets, or have a student section season ticket, you will be able to sit in the lower bowl.  If you have a student ticket and not a wrist band the you are in the upper deck.  Students need their wrist band, ticket, and ID to get into the game to prevent them from selling the band/ticket to someone.  I doubt they will scan the IDs at the game since they've already scanned them to get the ticket.  I would assume that they are just going to look at the pic on the ID and make sure it's you and let you through (obviously with your ticket and, if you have one, wrist band).

Did this information come from the athletic office?  I've been a nervous wreck all day wondering whats going to happen as I have "student section season tickets"  (Young alumni program).  This is good news to me. 

I agree though first come first serve has always worked in the past just fine. 

Archived