• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Problems and potential problems with the ticket system.

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I love the students and all, but they aren't paying, they can sit in the upper deck.  open up the sections on the east upper deck mirroring 302-306 and you've got your 16,000 students.  put all the students in one endzone, make it so loud it's impossible for opponents to function beyond the north 30 yd line.

why don't they just give students tickets that say "UPPER DECK" or "LOWER DECK".  The wristband seems to be the biggest hangup for some of the students.  It can't be that hard to reprogram the ticket printing machine.

Look at this demand and outrage for the UNC!!! tickets, this is awesome!  Imagine WVU!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I'm pretty sure this is the last year of "general admission" student seating at football games. Next year they're going to have to start issuing tickets with seat numbers on them.

Or the students can start buying season tickets. It's not like they cost $1000 each. :)

• Content Count:  12,293

I can confirm that they will use a different color wristband for every game.

Also, with companion tickets, the limit will be 2 companion tickets for the WVU game.  If you did not receive an additional wristband when you purchased a companion ticket, they still took a wristband out of circulation.  They actually should be giving wristbands for the companion tickets though.  My understanding from the folks at the athletic department is the main reason for the wristbands is to reserve you a place in the LOWER Bowl.  You will still need a ticket and ID along with the wristband to access that section.  But it would prevent people from going into the lower bowl, grabbing 10 ticket stubs from their buddies and going up to the main concorse and handing out those ticket stubs to other friends.  only 8,000 wristbands will be given out.

for future games, this same system will be in place.  I can assure you that the Athletic Department is working around the clock to come up with an easier way, including an online system similar to OASIS for you to get tickets printed off based on your student ID#. 

There was a pretty informative meeting that took place this afternoon (it might still be going on, I had to leave early to get back to my office) but the athletic department is WELL aware of the students concerns and I commend them for setting up the meeting with student leaders and such to discuss this problem and take suggestions for the future and moving foward with this great problem of too much demand.

• Content Count:  771

wristbands are for the lower level,

the different colored ticket is for verification you are in the lower level... any one pick up that the ticket today was a light blue and not a dark green?

• Content Count:  594

Great post, Rezz. Thanks for all the info.

Several of my students in the 3:30 class had green wristbands. A few were late from standing in line. I've never seen my students so psyched about football before -- this is really awesome.

• Content Count:  9,038

I have a question:

If the companions don't get their wristband tickets right away, do they have to be with the original purchaser (i.e. the student who has a current ID, ticket, and their own wristband)?  Or will the companion be able to walk up with their ticket and get their wrist band at the student entrance of RayJay?

Or did I completely miss something?!?!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have a question:

If the companions don't get their wristband tickets right away, do they have to be with the original purchaser (i.e. the student who has a current ID, ticket, and their own wristband)?  Or will the companion be able to walk up with their ticket and get their wrist band at the student entrance of RayJay?

Or did I completely miss something?!?!

From what I understand, the companion tickets sold for the lower bowl are a different color than a regular companion ticket. So they will have to present that to show that they can sit in the lower bowl.

• Content Count:  9,038

Okay, cool.  That answers my question.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

As I said in another thread regarding the student tickets........WHAT A NICE PROBLEM TO HAVE!

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  2,277

The companion tickets are different from the general student tickets that are given out by getting in line at the Sundome.  At the stadium companions don't need to be walking up the their student counterpart to get into the lower bowl sections.  As long as there are seats the companions can sit where they want.  The will not get/need wristbands and as far as I know they are deducted from the 8000 total seats for the lower bowl that are given out.  Also, the people who have already purchased "student section season tickets" are guaranteed a seat in the lower bowl as well and have already been deducted from the 8000 total seats given out in the lower bowl.  The purpose of the wrist bands is because all of the student tickets look the same.  So once in the stadium, if you have a student ticket and a wrist band, have a companion tickets, or have a student section season ticket, you will be able to sit in the lower bowl.  If you have a student ticket and not a wrist band the you are in the upper deck.  Students need their wrist band, ticket, and ID to get into the game to prevent them from selling the band/ticket to someone.  I doubt they will scan the IDs at the game since they've already scanned them to get the ticket.  I would assume that they are just going to look at the pic on the ID and make sure it's you and let you through (obviously with your ticket and, if you have one, wrist band).

Archived