• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UPDATE on LIGHTING UP TAMPA for WVU Game!!!

lobo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I emailed the Mayor's office from the link Matt posted earlier...  I think everyone should do it, to lend support.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I will give them another call this afternoon if I don't hear from them. However I won't be able to post the result of said conversation for hours as I have to head into work soon and will not be leaving until around 3am (ugh). While we do have computers there, they are locked down from the outside world.

That being said, trust in that I will share with you full knowledge of everything I hear as soon as humanly possible.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Great job on Project Green Light. 

• Content Count:  159

Okay, I just spoke with Rob and here is the latest ...

Rob doesn't have the final say (if he did it would be a done deal already) but he is all for the plan. What he is going to do is contact his counterpart with the Downtown Partnership (Christine) and see what she can do. He is also going to pass my contact information as well. I am hoping that this can happen but one of the things that Rob pointed out is that nobody had it in their budget (HINT HINT) this year so we may be limited to something as simple as spelling "USF" in lights from offices on one of the buildings (if anything).

That being said, I'll still take it. I am still pushing for the iconic U but Rob makes a good point on the budget issue. If anyone on this board has anything to say about budgets for USF or the City, let's get this rolled in there for all future seasons, hmm? If/when Christine calls I will fill you in as more things develop.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Okay, I just spoke with Rob and here is the latest ...

Rob doesn't have the final say (if he did it would be a done deal already) but he is all for the plan. What he is going to do is contact his counterpart with the Downtown Partnership (Christine) and see what she can do. He is also going to pass my contact information as well. I am hoping that this can happen but one of the things that Rob pointed out is that nobody had it in their budget (HINT HINT) this year so we may be limited to something as simple as spelling "USF" in lights from offices on one of the buildings (if anything).

That being said, I'll still take it. I am still pushing for the iconic U but Rob makes a good point on the budget issue. If anyone on this board has anything to say about budgets for USF or the City, let's get this rolled in there for all future seasons, hmm? If/when Christine calls I will fill you in as more things develop.

I think they have done green lights for christmas

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Gotta get some designer/drafter the office numbers in SunTrust on the stadium side of the building.  Just map out a USF at the top of the building on like 10 floors so the cameras from the stadium can see it clearly.  Sounds like going with colors or the iconic U, etc. is getting a bit complicated at this late date (and nobody has the budget).

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

It's been more than an hour! Any new updates?!?! ;D

• Content Count:  743

Wow, I'm really hoping the iconic U will pan out. Building so much excitement for the WVU game I'm starting to get worried about laying an egg on Saturday...

Good work!

• Content Count:  5,241

I hope this doesnt change anything, but the SunTrust Building has been sold today.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep/20/tampas-suntrust-tower-sold/?news-breaking

• Content Count:  1,812

Tidbit form the article above:

The 527,237-square-foot building, which opened in 1992, is one of the most prominent features in downtown Tampa's skyline because of its distinctive roof, which is lit in different colors on special occasions.

I would consider this a special occasion maybe they would too

Archived