• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UPDATE on LIGHTING UP TAMPA for WVU Game!!!

lobo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Ok gang, I know that there was a lot of discussion on Matt's thread regarding his letter to the Mayor, and rightfully so. It inspired me to consider how I may impact this change and I believe I have succeeded, or at least taken us a couple of steps closer. As I mentioned in my previous post on that thread I had contacted the USF Alumni Association, with whom I have a history of volunteering and thus some contacts within. I left a message for Merrill who then played it for the Executive Director. He loves the idea and gave me some feedback on who to contact to make it happen, the Visitor & Convention Bureau.

So this morning I called them and spoke with Weston Gallop who is on the Tampa Bay Sports Commission. He too loved the idea and is going to bring it to his boss (Rob Higgins) today to discuss it and see if they can make it happen. Weston told me that they would call me back sometime this afternoon to let me know what the status was. I thanked them for their time and of course pushed for the iconic U for the side of the buildings. I think that would be awesome to see, and you know it would be great for the city and school.

This is BULLS COUNTRY people, and the city needs to be here to support that. :-)

I will keep you posted on any more updates but wanted to share this latest with you all.

- Jeff

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890

great please keep us in the loop

• Content Count:  2,363

STAM-m-er-f'in-PEDE!! Way to go everyone who put in work towards this!!

I will assuredly keep you guys in the loop! Trust me, if I don't hear from them by 3pm, I am calling back!  ;D

• Content Count:  4,642

nice job!

• Content Count:  1,260

Awesome work. Any chance we can get a Bulls logo in the sky over Tampa (ala Batman) during the game?  ;D Just need one beam of light....

Awesome work. Any chance we can get a Bulls logo in the sky over Tampa (ala Batman) during the game?  ;D Just need one beam of light....

haha ... yeah, well one beam of light and some cloud cover ... you won't see a logo without something to shine it against.  ;)

In any event, I'll be happy if I can just get the city lit up.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Excellent news!  Please let us know as soon as you hear anything!

Archived