• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The War on I-4... Coming soon to a stadium near you...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know-- UCF looked pretty good today to me

moral victory aside-- they played well enough to hang with a team that was supposed to blow them out of the stadium

And Texas looked rediculously bad today.  If they played like a #6 team and not a #56 team it wouldn't have been close.  Texas was playing very reserved.

sounds like what people said after we beat Auburn

or UL or WVU etc

at some point, you have to give the team a little bit of the credit. You might be correct about the Longhorns not playing on all cylinders BUT UCF had some part to play in that. They came out ready to battle-- and I'll give them credit for that. They will be a tough opponent for us this year that we better be ready to fight to the finish with.

I wasn't discrediting UCF's playing.  I think they played a good game.  I think that if Texas played a good game (like someone ranked that high is supposed to) it wouldn't have been close like it was.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

moral victory aside-- they played well enough to hang with a team that was supposed to blow them out of the stadium

And Texas looked rediculously bad today.  If they played like a #6 team and not a #56 team it wouldn't have been close.  Texas was playing very reserved.

or UL or WVU etc

at some point, you have to give the team a little bit of the credit. You might be correct about the Longhorns not playing on all cylinders BUT UCF had some part to play in that. They came out ready to battle-- and I'll give them credit for that. They will be a tough opponent for us this year that we better be ready to fight to the finish with.

I wasn't discrediting UCF's playing.  I think they played a good game.  I think that if Texas played a good game (like someone ranked that high is supposed to) it wouldn't have been close like it was.

With all the adversity UT had just getting TO the game, the weather, the huge emotions of that game, it's not surprising at all the game was as close as it was. UCF still have players mostly from Florida so they should be competitive most of the time no matter who they play .... but it was still a loss.... and can we move this **** to where it belongs? We've got two huge games before having to entertain these knuckleheads on this board.

• Content Count:  849

It was a moral victory and they played their hearts out...this gives them confidence that they can beat us. However what they don't realize that we have one of the best defenses in the nation much better than Texas' or NC state or anybody else on their schedule. They are coming to Tamplona, where we tough as nails. We will take NO PRISONERS as we destroy UCF.

• Content Count:  1,812

or UL or WVU etc

With all the adversity UT had just getting TO the game, the weather, the huge emotions of that game, it's not surprising at all the game was as close as it was. UCF still have players mostly from Florida so they should be competitive most of the time no matter who they play .... but it was still a loss.... and can we move this **** to where it belongs? We've got two Three huge games before having to entertain these knuckleheads on this board.

I agree with you Trip but to correct you I have to add that we can not sleep on FAU. They actually won at home yesterday to a BCS team; you can say they beat a bad BCS team but is NC State that good?

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

The only War on 1-4 is between the Storm and the Preds. To me, this game is as meaningless as playing FIU at home last year. Even if UCF had won today, the only extra implications for us in October would have been their ranking/votes.

I don't view them as rivals. They're more like an annoying little sister.

..and what 'war'. I thought it was a given that they would have a better program than us by now. After all, we are 'just a directional school'.

::)

IF USF IS UNDEFEATED AND RANKED IN TOP 15

N O GAME IS MEANINGLESS

I SAW FTU/OU/OC AND USF SHOULD EASILY BEAT FTU/OU/OC

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

It was a moral victory and they played their hearts out...this gives them confidence that they can beat us. However what they don't realize that we have one of the best defenses in the nation much better than Texas' or NC state or anybody else on their schedule. They are coming to Tamplona, where we tough as nails. We will take NO PRISONERS as we destroy UCF.

THEY DONT HAVE A PRAYER AGAINST US  and they know it

we will embarass them for 3rd straight year

• Content Count:  958

I agree with smazza, we should expect to beat them pretty bad.

They played an awesome game, but this game is in our house, we will be ranked, and there is no way we will overlook UCF...

If we shut down Kevin Smith, it will be an easy win for us.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I think we see a repeat of two years ago when we gashed them on the ground.  UCF will not stop our fleet of running backs.  We will run up and down the field on them. 

Smith is a good back, but if we can keep Steve Slayton in check we can certainly stop Kevin Smith. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I agree with you Trip but to correct you I have to add that we can not sleep on FAU. They actually won at home yesterday to a BCS team; you can say they beat a bad BCS team but is NC State that good?

I had forgotten about the FAU game being before their's.... maybe Freudian, because their game was actually more impressive than than UCF's. That's a little bit disconcerting.

Guest Sprtsfn627

They played good, but they still gave up just under 500 yards of offense to Texas. Texas couldn't finish when they got down near the end zone. Conversely, Texas didn't even try to put 8 or 9 defenders in the box to stop Smith, which was silly because he was running all over Texas.

Sounds vaguely familiar....

Point is, we need to take them serious.  They are clearly a bowl caliber team this year, and should give us a pretty good game.

Archived