• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The War on I-4... Coming soon to a stadium near you...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know-- UCF looked pretty good today to me

moral victory aside-- they played well enough to hang with a team that was supposed to blow them out of the stadium

And Texas looked rediculously bad today.  If they played like a #6 team and not a #56 team it wouldn't have been close.  Texas was playing very reserved.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

I don't know-- UCF looked pretty good today to me

moral victory aside-- they played well enough to hang with a team that was supposed to blow them out of the stadium

And Texas looked rediculously bad today.  If they played like a #6 team and not a #56 team it wouldn't have been close.  Texas was playing very reserved.

sounds like what people said after we beat Auburn

or UL or WVU etc

at some point, you have to give the team a little bit of the credit. You might be correct about the Longhorns not playing on all cylinders BUT UCF had some part to play in that. They came out ready to battle-- and I'll give them credit for that. They will be a tough opponent for us this year that we better be ready to fight to the finish with.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Look it was an emotional game for them. Texas wasn't all in it like they should have. Hell they haven't been in the past three game they played. Like I said earlier, I can't wait for these courtesy games to end next season. Let them stay where they belong. Behind us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

take off the Green and Gold glasses for a moment-- ignore your hatred of all things UCF-- and you might be willing to give them some credit for a hard fought game.

that's all I'm saying. Maybe Texas didn't bring it-- but UCF sure did. Let's not be hypocrits

• Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

take off the Green and Gold glasses for a moment-- ignore your hatred of all things UCF-- and you might be willing to give them some credit for a hard fought game.

that's all I'm saying. Maybe Texas didn't bring it-- but UCF sure did. Let's not be hypocrits

USF better take note, when UCF comes to town they may be up for the game so our team needs to be up and take care of business.  UCF did look good against Texas

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

I agree, Mike.  That loss gave them confidence.  For some ungodly reason, they will believe that they can beat us when they come to Tampa.  And if they do, here comes the "R" word again...it will be all over the place.

They looked like Texas and Texas looked like UCF.  Strange world we live in...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They played good, but they still gave up just under 500 yards of offense to Texas. Texas couldn't finish when they got down near the end zone. Conversely, Texas didn't even try to put 8 or 9 defenders in the box to stop Smith, which was silly because he was running all over Texas.

• Content Count:  294

They just gave the #6 team in the country a good scare. I think that should tell you they are much improved this year. Now, aside from Texas -- there is one game they circle on their schedule and that's us. They will leave it all out on the field this year and the Bulls will have to play better defense than Texas did in this game (almost  a given) to win.  I'm actually glad the Knights played them so tough so just in case our guys might have been underestimating them, that shouldn't be the case anymore.

The Bulls "A game" >  UCF "A game"

GO Bulls! CRUSH UNC!.

• Content Count:  580

Thanks for the good words from many of you.  It was a big step for the team, but even a bigger day for the program with the opening of the stadium. 

Did you guys have any officials in Orlando to observe?  Hopefully you did and you can start building an OCS sooner than later.  If we can afford it, I'm sure you can too for obvious reasons.  Save the "We don't need it like you did" talk - after yesterday, I believe that EVERYONE should have one.  The atmosphere was completely different - and it did a lot to change and bolster our image in our community.  There are still too many people that consider both UCF and USF, both Top 10 in enrollment, to be "commuter schools" - this is a perception changer. 

See you guys in a month.

• Content Count:  687

SHould be a good game just like last year. 

Archived