• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Players Taunting Auburn Students?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

The Auburn trip convinced LG and I to be better fans. When I travel I am done with the taunting and riot starting and I am going to try to befriend our opponent's fans and when we have home games I am going to offer up "Florida hospitality" by welcoming them to Tampa, thanking them for coming and offering them a beer (it just seems like there is more to be gained from behaving more like an Auburn fan and less like I have in the past). Just look at the posts about Auburn fans and the appreciation all of us that went have for them. That good will would have to do more for us than the brief pleasure of giving someone a black eye or embarassing them and sending them off to tell everyone they know about how every USF fan in the world is a dickhead.

Any trash about Auburn fans should be ignored.  I was honored to be in their house.

Agreed. At least from my experience in Auburn, I'd say the majority of the Tiger fans were very hospitable and kind to USF, and as previously mentioned, this held true even after the game ended. I have to ask myself, if Auburn had been playing at USF, how would we have treated them?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

Very nicely said, puc86. Let's just hope more USF fans feel the same way. I wish more Bull fans were able to experience that atmosphere in Auburn.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

imo, the whole na na na na hey hey hey goodbye was waaaayyyyy out of line.  the auburn fans were wonderful to usf fans the entire day, even AFTER the game.  it was complete disrespect in their house, its not like they are anywhere close to a rival of ours that warranted such a display.  it was pathetic.

What is all this obsession with showing so-called respect?  This is football and not some namby pamby Emily Post etiquette seminar.

BTW, many big time programs are "disrespectful" to other schools on the road - FSU taking a section of sod from the playing field (yeah try that at RJS - Glazer will have the goon squad taser your balls), UM with their thug mentality back in their heyday, Oregon hammering the logo, etc, etc, etc.

These are young guys playing a physical game and they were probably pretty excited after a thrilling win.  Cut them some slack.

If people want to see a sport with perfect manors, then go watch the IBM Deep Blue computer play Garry Kasparov in a chess match.

it was the FANS that were chanting that, not the players.  its about class man...humble in victory (unless a rival of course), humble in defeat.  the auburn crowd welcomed us as nicely as any fanbase ive ever seen, as theres no need to spit in their faces after we win.  if most of our fanbase had 1/2 the class they did, we'd be a lot better off.

Agree 100%

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Before the game, all (99.9%) of the Auburn fans were very nice and hospitable. After the game, I did notice a striking change of tone. I would say half were still very nice, offering congratulations, a third bit their tounges but gave us death looks, and the other portion became sore losers. One gentleman came up to my face and said we were classless for chanting S-O-U-T-H..... while walking out of the stadium and down the street. Another car drove by and said, "USF, tak that win and those horns and shove it up you..." and then they promptly drove off. Then of course the old one finger salute. Maybe I just ran into all the bad apples, but the change from before the game to after was quite a surprise to me. I still think Auburn fans are some of the greatest in the world.

• Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

I agree that things were nicer before the game but I think that the fans biting their tongues and giving death looks were probably a little larger than a third and the number of sore losers was less than 16.7, sure there were some bad apples but out of 80,000 fans I found very few.

Before the game, all (99.9%) of the Auburn fans were very nice and hospitable. After the game, I did notice a striking change of tone. I would say half were still very nice, offering congratulations, a third bit their tounges but gave us death looks, and the other portion became sore losers. One gentleman came up to my face and said we were classless for chanting S-O-U-T-H..... while walking out of the stadium and down the street. Another car drove by and said, "USF, tak that win and those horns and shove it up you..." and then they promptly drove off. Then of course the old one finger salute. Maybe I just ran into all the bad apples, but the change from before the game to after was quite a surprise to me. I still think Auburn fans are some of the greatest in the world.

• Content Count:  59

Agree...much different tone after the game from the AU fans.  I think they know AU team needs some improvement and USF was a class A team...bottom line.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Also the Auburn fans had every right to feel like their team gave away the game. 5 turnovers, plus Tuberville pulling a Dennis Green and letting the clock run out when they had the time and the firepower to get into field goal range and win in regulation. I wouldn't hold it against them if they lashed out after the game ended.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

Also the Auburn fans had every right to feel like their team gave away the game. 5 turnovers, plus Tuberville pulling a Dennis Green and letting the clock run out when they had the time and the firepower to get into field goal range and win in regulation. I wouldn't hold it against them if they lashed out after the game ended.

perhaps he was afraid that his QB would throw up another INT or in the case of an incomplete---get a huge run back on the punt

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

The most our players did was pick up the shakers and start waving them at our section.

IMG_1364.JPG

so true

• Content Count:  936

Any trash about Auburn fans should be ignored.  I was honored to be in their house.

Agreed.. and I posted in another thread: I'm going to be back there.. I'm still floored at the hospitality from the fans - even more so post-game.

Archived