What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

USF Players Taunting Auburn Students?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,385
  • Days Won:  24

On the AU Board, and one post on here, USF players are being accused of "taunting" the Auburn student section after the game.  I only watched on TV, but from that vantage point, all I saw was a very excited team jumping up and down after the greatest victory in school history.  I didn't see anything directed towards the stands.  Did Auburn fans expect us to run over to the USF section before celebrating?  Please.

At that point, Auburn fans rained down Auburn "shakers" upon our team. 

If our players were taunting, I would not be proud.  But if we weren't, I don't appreciate the insinuation.

Is this a few of the "bad" Auburn fans (like our "bad" USF fans), or is this the overriding opinon?

Anyone at the game have thoughts?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

This is ridiculus from what i saw on tv i saw us celebrate in the endzone and the go to our VERY small section of the feild i think Auburn fans should be quiet

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

The most our players did was pick up the shakers and start waving them at our section.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just saw the replay and the USF players were celebrating in the end zone and the students started throing pom-poms at them.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The video clearly shows Auburn fans throwing their "shakers" at our players who were celebrating in the end zone. Check out the dude in the uniform in the front row just wind up and fire one at our players. Sour grapes if you ask me.

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

If you just lost, celebration of a win feels like a taunt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  36,880
  • Days Won:  28

If you just lost, celebration of a win feels like a taunt.

Excatly ... and I am sure our players were "taunted" during the game ... the game is won in the end zone and we started celebrating immediately, because the game was over immediately after Jesse crossed the line.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  64,824
  • Days Won:  172

On the AU Board, and one post on here, USF players are being accused of "taunting" the Auburn student section after the game.  I only watched on TV, but from that vantage point, all I saw was a very excited team jumping up and down after the greatest victory in school history.  I didn't see anything directed towards the stands.  Did Auburn fans expect us to run over to the USF section before celebrating?  Please.

At that point, Auburn fans rained down Auburn "shakers" upon our team. 

If our players were taunting, I would not be proud.  But if we weren't, I don't appreciate the insinuation.

Is this a few of the "bad" Auburn fans (like our "bad" USF fans), or is this the overriding opinon?

Anyone at the game have thoughts?

ARE THEY KIDDING???

THEY ARE LUCKY WE DIDNT GO "OREGAN" AND BRING OUT A HAMMER AND POUND THEIR LOGO

USF CELEBRATED NOT TAUNTED ACCORDING TO MY SOURCES

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  69,190
  • Days Won:  373

The video clearly shows Auburn fans throwing their "shakers" at our players who were celebrating in the end zone. Check out the dude in the uniform in the front row just wind up and fire one at our players. Sour grapes if you ask me.

If you go back and look, one of our guys is pointing and laughing at the stands before any pompoms comes out .... but like smazza said, could have been a lot worse... could have pulled out a sledgehammer and smacked their logo.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

If you go back and look, one of our guys is pointing and laughing at the stands before any pompoms comes out .... but like smazza said, could have been a lot worse... could have pulled out a sledgehammer and smacked their logo.

The player in question is wearing #7. It's either Louis Gachette or Courtney Denson, but my money's on Denson for pretty obvious reasons.

Archived