USF Players Taunting Auburn Students?

Who'sYourData?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

The Auburn trip convinced LG and I to be better fans. When I travel I am done with the taunting and riot starting and I am going to try to befriend our opponent's fans and when we have home games I am going to offer up "Florida hospitality" by welcoming them to Tampa, thanking them for coming and offering them a beer (it just seems like there is more to be gained from behaving more like an Auburn fan and less like I have in the past). Just look at the posts about Auburn fans and the appreciation all of us that went have for them. That good will would have to do more for us than the brief pleasure of giving someone a black eye or embarassing them and sending them off to tell everyone they know about how every USF fan in the world is a dickhead.

Any trash about Auburn fans should be ignored.  I was honored to be in their house.

Agreed. At least from my experience in Auburn, I'd say the majority of the Tiger fans were very hospitable and kind to USF, and as previously mentioned, this held true even after the game ended. I have to ask myself, if Auburn had been playing at USF, how would we have treated them?

I am going to watch you at the UCF game !    LOL    ;D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

all bets are off for ucf because they are SUPPOSE TO BE a rival. Rivals are exempt to an extent

• Content Count:  1,991

all bets are off for ucf because they are SUPPOSE TO BE a rival. Rivals are exempt to an extent

UCF is not a rival, just a team that we are required to play as part of an agreement that betters our school & program (joining the Big East!!!)

Auburn fans are absolutly awesome never experienced such hospitality. but I am sure all bets are off for them against Alabama and us and Auburn fans do share a common hatred in the GaYturds..................GO TIGERS, hope you finish your season with 1 loss.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I couldn't believe the NA NA NA and the overrated chants and I was right in the middle of the section doing it. Auburn fans were unbelievably gracious and hospitable and deserve as much respect as we can muster, it was disgusting and if you don't get it then you will never get it. Really bad form, and this coming from a guy that was known for heckling the opposing teams at RayJay. I am embarrassed about my behavior then and was embarrassed at the game. Put a damper on the celebration.

Think about UCF the last time they were here and thats about as bad as USF fan acted toward the nicest people in the world. Shameful.

Talk about class: Auburn post-game radio guys were outraged about the bottle/pom throwing incident. They called out the culprits and reminded them that they are representing the university and if that was the way they were going to act then they should give up their tickets. It was the darnedest show ever. The callers were intelligent and well informed and even more to the point they were civil and composed after what had to be a tough loss. The people of Auburn were chocked full of class and should be an example to everyone.

• Content Count:  1,297

Auburn fans.........very classy.  Even after the game, they were still classy.......somber maybe......but they never were rude in any way.  What a great place and atmosphere to watch a college football game.  I would love to play there again.  As for the taunting.......if you watch the video it looks like the USF players are lifting up CJL up onto the brick wall at the back of the endzone.  Maybe CJL knows the story.....

• Content Count:  1,142

We had a great time and all of the AU fans we ran into after the game were awesome, wishing us a great season and a safe ride home.  I know Mutt had to get onto some of OUR fans during pregame tailgate for taunting AU fans as they walked by.  He told them to be less like UCF and to represent our school with some class.  He also told them he was the bouncer at that tailgate and to straighten up, to which they promptly replied "Yes sir".  We didn't hear from them again in a negative tone.

• Content Count:  5,241

UCF is not a rival, just a team that we are required to play as part of an agreement that betters our school & program (joining the Big East!!!)

Auburn fans are absolutly awesome never experienced such hospitality. but I am sure all bets are off for them against Alabama and us and Auburn fans do share a common hatred in the GaYturds..................GO TIGERS, hope you finish your season with 1 loss.

Note my SUPPOSE TO BE in all caps on the rival part

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

As for the taunting.......if you watch the video it looks like the USF players are lifting up CJL up onto the brick wall at the back of the endzone.

That wasn't Leavitt. It was one of the other coaches who jumped up on the wall, looking like he was trying to get in between the players and the fans ..... he probably has dozens of pompom imprints all over his body.  8)

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

I couldn't believe the NA NA NA and the overrated chants and I was right in the middle of the section doing it. Auburn fans were unbelievably gracious and hospitable and deserve as much respect as we can muster, it was disgusting and if you don't get it then you will never get it. Really bad form, and this coming from a guy that was known for heckling the opposing teams at RayJay. I am embarrassed about my behavior then and was embarrassed at the game. Put a damper on the celebration.

Think about UCF the last time they were here and thats about as bad as USF fan acted toward the nicest people in the world. Shameful.

Talk about class: Auburn post-game radio guys were outraged about the bottle/pom throwing incident. They called out the culprits and reminded them that they are representing the university and if that was the way they were going to act then they should give up their tickets. It was the darnedest show ever. The callers were intelligent and well informed and even more to the point they were civil and composed after what had to be a tough loss. The people of Auburn were chocked full of class and should be an example to everyone.

well said, echoes my sentiments exactly.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Archived