• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did the play calling remind anyone of Rod Smith?

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I think we ran too much, especially late in the game. We ran that same HB draw with Ford soooo many times.

We won  the game, but we werent that impressive, but I guess there are two ways we  can look at it: either we were lucky Auburn sucked so we could squeak it out, or Auburn was lucky they kept it close because we sucked so bad.

Either way it was a win, and it looks goos for us.  Unfortunately, we left a lot of "we won, BUT" opinions. GO BULLS, and now time to focus on what really matters: winning the Big East and heading to the BCS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone at the watch party at Selmon's on University in Manatee/Sarasota was getting frustrated by the runs up the middle.

At one point I yelled out "I thought we got rid of Smith".

But it did sort of work out!!

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The first quarter of the game showed that we have a decent playbook.  However, the rest of the game that playbook was thrown out the window and Smith did the play calling from the Internet or something.  I was pulling my hair out because we got SOOOOO conservative after building a lead in the first quarter.  We are lucky to have pulled out the win with that play calling.

• Content Count:  1,165

Everyone at the watch party at Selmon's on University in Manatee/Sarasota was getting frustrated by the runs up the middle.

At one point I yelled out "I thought we got rid of Smith".

But it did sort of work out!!

Yea, it is kinnda ironic that our TD drive in OT was established by what I consider bad play-calling. The actual TD call was nice, but I HATED the calling of the drive previosu to that play.

• Content Count:  12,293

i think that Quentin Groves really put the fear of God into our OC.  a lot of short drops, a lot of draws.  plus, Auburn's defense tends to make a lot of teams look bad on offense.

Grothe was rattle at some points, and tried to make too many of his famed "you tube" runs.  there was a little more speed on this defense then on Pitt when he made that play.

i still say our defense is MUCH better then Auburn's.  Too bad all their fans want to do is blame their kids instead of giving credit to ours.

• Content Count:  12,293

Yea, it is kinnda ironic that our TD drive in OT was established by what I consider bad play-calling. The actual TD call was nice, but I HATED the calling of the drive previosu to that play.

you guys do realize its referred to as "play calling" for a reason.  a lot of plays are called to set up other plays.  either way, stop complaining...we won.

i just hope in future weeks we pass more in the red zone.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If we would have ran one more draw on 3rd and mid yardage i was going to throw something through the TV. 

• Content Count:  4,642

the qb draws felt like smith, but i also noticed its what worked when nothing else did

• Content Count:  400

If we would have ran one more draw on 3rd and mid yardage i was going to throw something through the TV. 

ya, what was up with that?  running the ball on 3rd and medium/short????? it happened like 3 times.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

That certainly didn't look like USF was "opening up the play book". Either that or their play book could fit on the back of a manila envelope.

Archived