• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worried about Grothe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone else starting to worry about the amount of practice time Grothe has had?  The injury late last fall, the injury this summer and the amount of snaps he is missing is beginning to add up.  Maybe this is a blessing in disguise getting Gregory up to speed but I am beginning to worry a little bit that he won't be as sharp as he needs to be when we go to Auburn.  He needs to be at the top of his game and missing these snaps isn't going to help.  Maybe I'm just overreacting.  ???

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe it is just the coverage we are getting but it seems we have had more injuries this year then in the past to key starting players.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Maybe I'm just overreacting.   ???

I believe you are.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

grothe will be fine... he's still studying and he is projected to be back by monday.  plus, there have still been a lot of good things in the news about him.

i thought he practiced most of the summer including all of the voluntary practices with the receivers before the summer camp.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe it is just the coverage we are getting but it seems we have had more injuries this year then in the past to key starting players.

Every team has its' share of injuries.  We have had them before.  We will have them again.  The bumps, bruises, pulled muscles, etc is usually a sign of the hard, intense hitting going on.  This is what they call getting into "football" shape.  It's more than just running laps, hitting sleds and doing push ups.

Other than Erskin, no one has been injured too severely during camp.  If the games were starting, I am sure they would all be available (maybe not Alvarado.  A groin is not the best injury for a kicker.)

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

A quote from Gregory in one of Greg's blogs:

Gregory said. “It’s amazing what game dedication is like. They heal up real fast on game day.â€Â

Archived