• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ron and Ian.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Tampa is a huge bandwagon sports town. 

If you really break it down, the majority of sports cities are bandwagoning. It's amplified more here because of the transplants and their devotion to their hometown teams...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

they will start talking about us if we do anything of importance in the national media... we haven't done anything yet, so it makes sense that we arent talked about.

• Content Count:  928

they will start talking about us if we do anything of importance in the national media... we haven't done anything yet, so it makes sense that we arent talked about.

It make sense that the local sports media isn't talking about the local college team? Oh.  :-\

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

620 is the worst sports talk station I've ever heard. They would rather start fights with their listeners than provide any useful information. I encourage you to stop listening and waiting for them to validate what you already know is true. It won't happen.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I stopped listening to 620 a while back.  I now listen almost exclusively to 1010.

At least there is one local sports station that supports USF.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

620 is the worst sports talk station I've ever heard. They would rather start fights with their listeners than provide any useful information. I encourage you to stop listening and waiting for them to validate what you already know is true. It won't happen.

I would rather listen to static. ;)

I stopped listening to 620 a while back.  I now listen almost exclusively to 1010.

Ah. 1010.  Part of the "New York City" network of stations.

• Content Count:  2,052

After Chris Thomas died, I stopped listening to 620. Thomas always gave props to USF and told it like it was. I remember the day he went on a rant on how this city should support USF instead of the Gayturds and the like. I remember him saying that we have waiting lists to watch football, when you can watch great football @USF. He also said that Tampa Bay should be ashamed for not supporting USF sports!  RIP Chris, you were an all star!    Reap

• Content Count:  3,827

Ah. 1010.  Part of the "New York City" network of stations.

Yeah, I cant fully put my "faith" into 1010 because of that. ANY station in Tampa that is the "official station of the new york yankees" cannot by my number 1 station. They just cant.

The USF talk is nice, but that's only because of Pepper and Krazniqi, the rest of the day is a new york love fest.

Ron and Ian are good if you realize that youre not going to get "hardcore" sports talk, you're going to get an entertainment show. They'll jump on the bandwagon, just like everyone else will. The best thing to do is call and call and call and call, eventually they'll be forced to pay attention to USF athletics.

• Content Count:  261

You guys forgot to mention 1470. UF alumni Scot Brantley comes on at 4pm and he shows a lot of love to USF. I don't think there's a day that goes by where he doesn't mention something about USF. Like Tuesday, he talked about USF Media day. On top of that he has freakin Carl Franks on his show numerous of times talking about the team and such. The Brantley show is much better than any program that comes on at 4pm....especially the big dog. I don't mind the Mike and mad dog on 1010.....at least I can hear passionate knowledgeable talk about sports.

Archived