• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Red Sox - Best Bullpen in MLB History

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Looks like the Sox and the Mets are choking here at the end of the season. Luckily for the Sox they are 7 or so games up in the wild card... not so much for the Mets!

• Content Count:  19,229

uggh...

if i was superstitions... i'd blame this thread for Papelbon/Okajima/Gagne's troubles  ;)

I wish Manny would get healthy.  Last year, he and Varitek got hurt and the team collapsed.  This year, he's hurt and since he's been out... its been all downhill.  At least the playoffs are a lock (well... almost...)

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

worst bullpen ever

you guys crack me up

i told you so

worst bullpen ever was the closer by committee debacle.  Can't be the worst bullpen ever with Papelbon closing.  Still one of the best, but Gagne has been a bust.

• Content Count:  5,903

Yeah, like you said before smazza, the best perform in the playoffs.... and quite frankly, they might just sit Gagne out for the playoffs. :D

That rotation has more holes than rotten swiss cheese.

Haha I like that....but your argument has more holes in it than Ted Kennedys liver. 

If anything Oliver Perez is a 5th guy at best.  John Maine is a 3 on any squad and El Duque is a 2 on any squad and maybe even a 1 in post season. 

Have you seen Pedro's last start.....nails!  He is just going through motions, working on his pitches, he isnt even trying to win.  Scott Peterson (best pitching coach in mlb) went to his start and said Pedro looks fine and its good the Mets have been overly cautious with him.  He will be fine. 

Looks like Krusty the Clown aka Manny Ramirez is pulling his old injury tricks before post season and also seems as if he has been smoking too much hippie lettuce this year to hit the ball like the old Manny.  Oh yea, I forgot to mention you guys have JD Drew...what an acquasition!

Anyway...we will see you bums in the World Series, where your you may have to use Eric Hinske as your DH.  Good luck with that. 

Did you mean this year? or next year?

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

ouch!  you have no idea how crushing this is.  I have plane tickets to NY and now i might have to go to a Yankee game  :throwup2

I feel for you... that was aweful.  As much as I hate the mets (due to 86), I was actually rooting for them as I like watching Reyes play.  He's one of my favorite players.

Archived